Author Topic: Yukon is at the vet  (Read 4528 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Yukon is at the vet
« on: September 06, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »
So we will wait to hear something. Hubby said he was gonna call after lunch if he hadn't heard anything yet. He requested the Orthopedic vet check him out and they said that wouldn't be a problem. We have no idea what they are going to do and hubby said he doesn't care what they do as long as they find a reason for his limp and a way to fix it and if not well.. hubby is NOT going to be a happy camper. He's ready to go off on them, demand his money back, and take him to another vet. Let's just hope they find something, and something easily remedied. I hope he's doing okay.. :-\

Yiska is sad he is gone of course, not that she has been able to play anyway, but she wonders where her big bro is. Poor girl.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Yukon is at the vet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 06:13:31 pm »
I hope they figure out what is wrong with poor Yukon. Hopefully you're right, and it's something that can be fixed quite easily. I'm sure he misses you, but he's doing just fine.

I would be angry (just like your husband) too, if they can't figure it out. THEY BETTER >:( haha

And poor Yiska. She's wondering where her good buddy is!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:56:05 pm »
how frustrating!  two thumbs up for your hubby!!  mine is just a "whatever" kind of guy and leaves it up to me to throw the book down.  i sure hope they find SOMETHING!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:04:06 pm »
how frustrating!  two thumbs up for your hubby!!  mine is just a "whatever" kind of guy and leaves it up to me to throw the book down.  i sure hope they find SOMETHING!

Yeah he is weird. Believe me, he is a whatever kind of guy but sometimes it surprises me and he'll take charge and do something like that. I never know what it will be over though, I can't predict it. Normally, I have to deal with everything if it's going to get done. Maybe cause I'm pg and he knows I'm losing my mind, he figures he better do some things for me lol.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 07:23:20 pm »
Poor Yukon.  Sending good thoughts that the ortho vet will find the cause of the limp today. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:22 pm »
I can't wait to hear the news!!! Poor Yukon, her deserves to play like a bear again, LOL
Don't we all hate walks in the dark  >:(

Sending you positive vibes  :-* :-* :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 08:24:25 pm »
Well, no news yet but he did talk to them and they did a whole bunch more x-rays, and are waiting for the Ortho vet to get back from lunch to review them. They should call him back in about a half hour.

But they said he is doing great, hasn't made any noise and is just as good as can be. :-* Sweet boy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:24:43 pm by mama2many »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 08:28:13 pm »
Well, no news yet but he did talk to them and they did a whole bunch more x-rays, and are waiting for the Ortho vet to get back from lunch to review them. They should call him back in about a half hour.

But they said he is doing great, hasn't made any noise and is just as good as can be. :-* Sweet boy.

Awww, Yukon's such a good boy!  I'll be watching for updates.  Hang in there!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:43:24 pm »
Ugh, well whatever. Here it is almost 5 and I've heard nothing so I call hubby who just pulled into the vet and thought he already called me? Umm, NO. They didn't tell him anything over the phone..just that they would go over the x-rays when he got there. Which to me means, they probably didn't find anything again. Do they just not tell you anything over the phone? It's freakin nerve wracking to be home waiting and not know what's going on. Hubby is also terrible at relaying information about anything, it's never accurate so that doesn't help.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 11:57:31 pm »
ugh, i hate that!  my hubby is the same way, too!  (kinda like the doctor saying, "we'll come up with about when we'll be ready to have this baby" and hubby thought he meant inducing!).  hopefully you'll hear something soon!  if x-rays don't show anything, maybe it's muscular, like he pulled / tore a tendon or something???
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 12:19:10 am »
Oh crud, I just read this thread and it looks like you've already picked up Yukon.  Maybe you can get the x-rays tomorrow then or sometime next week. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees