Author Topic: New to this board  (Read 10821 times)

Offline Lisa Mc.

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New to this board
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:05:02 pm »
Hello,

My name is Lisa and I am new to this board.  I currently share my home with several differant breeds including Neo, Fila, daschound and chihuahua to name a few.  I am very active in rescue and am a volunteer for Fila Rescue INC.  I hope to make some new friends on this board :0)

Lisa Mc.

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
Re: New to this board
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 01:54:35 am »
Hi Lisa! Welcome! This is a great site and I hope you enjoy it.  :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 01:42:46 am »
Hi Lisa, you certainly have a varied crew from very big to very small. How do you think it works to have such small dogs as chihuahua together with your giant ones. I used to have danes and at the same time a min. schnauzer, that was a very good combination, but Happy the min. schnauzer was quite a bit bigger than your chihu. Do you have any pics you can share with us??

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline clpaup

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 05:48:26 am »
[img] ;D
Hi Lisa I am also new to this board,I have one Neo as of now,We had to put our Amadaius (neo) down this past winter.I also have an Akita,(and a whole crew that people have dropped off at our house)2 Lab/collie mixes,a doberman mix,an Iguana,and a Paso Fino.I am from Pa.
Lori

Offline srtriplett

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 05:10:16 pm »
Hello, Lisa.  I am also very new to this forum.  I, too, have a Neo.  He's 8 months old and black with very slight brindling on his hindquarters.  Unfortunately we will not be breeding him as he is not AKC and has cryptochordism .  I had a few questions.  A couple of his baby teeth have not come out yet even though his adult have all come in.  Is this normal?  He chews on everything, including my table legs and they still have not come out!  Also, when he stands his stomach looks thin.  I know he's not underweight as he weighs a ton, but is this normal as well?  I had a friend ask me if he was supposed to look so thin!  He eats about 8 cups of large breed puppy food a day.  That's twice as much as my two golden retrievers.  I want to make sure he's up to breed standards as he was quite small when we got him a few months ago.  Other than that he's been such a pleasure to have and have such fun with him!  My husband swears he will now own a Neo for the rest of his life!  They are not at all common around me (in NW PA) and he causes a small buzz wherever we go!  Thank goodness he loves people ( as well as dogs and cats).  I will tune in regularly to see what's new.  I'm glad I found this site!  Thanks,  Rachel