Author Topic: Is it seriously this bad for anyone else?!?!?!  (Read 3665 times)

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Is it seriously this bad for anyone else?!?!?!
« on: September 09, 2007, 03:11:34 am »
I wasn't sure if I should put this in medical or here but I'm really just complaining more than a medical issue at this point I think.

So here's my problem:

Yesterday I took Jager to the beach. We had a great day, he was good, pics are posted in the Bullmastiff forum. My problem is that he reeks!! I'm not talking about wet dog/salty dog, I'm talking, ripping SBD's that make me AND the cat clear the room for like 15 minutes. I'm trying to figure out what died in his butt for his gas to smell THAT bad. Normally the smell will disipate in a few minutes but whooh 3 times in the past hour I've had to vacate my office because of stink butt. Anyone else with a fur-child that likes to drink half the ocean/lake/stream/whatever they play in then have to live with a skunk?? Btw, he only once left the room himself. I'm thinkin he either likes his stench or can't tell it's that bad.

He's not this bad when he swims in the pool and I'm seriously just needing to complain and vent but I'm kind of curious about what I can do aside from either putting a cork in it or tying an air freshner to his tail!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Is it seriously this bad for anyone else?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:16:56 am »
Hmmm.  Naja has some pretty darn stinky farts too, but I don't know if they're as bad as you're describing.  I also think that Naja's problem is because of the recent food switch. 
Jager probably just stinks because of the water that he drank at the beach, it'll clear in about 24 hours (I hope!).  In the meantime... Do you have a bottle of Febreeze??   ;) ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 07:39:56 am »
LMAO here!  Sammy & Daisy are known far and wide for their ummmm abilities!  Either one of them can easily clear our living room of all humans within seconds, but when they are both having an "off" evening, heaven help us!

I don't know what to suggest, I can only sympathize.  I would *NOT* recommend the cork though.  If he has a particularly strong bout you could end up with a cork through your drywall or window.   :o  ;D  ::)  Ha ha!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 05:46:12 pm »
All three of my girls have been having severe as*plosions lately. It's out of control.  The house smells like dog toots. I've been burning candles. The belt on the vacuum blow out yesterday and actually improved the odor of the house. 

The other day, I went in the bedroom where all three had been sleeping and nearly fell over. 

One sealed off room + 3 gassy dogs = hot boxing dog style

And it's not good.

OMG!  how awful!  axle gets gas, but we just get some febreeze and it helps.  on really rough days, though, i kick him out in the yard and let the house air out when it cools off in the afternoons.  he's smelled my entire house up to the point of making me gag before.  it's so nasty!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 07:41:57 pm »
All three of my girls have been having severe as*plosions lately. It's out of control.  The house smells like dog toots. I've been burning candles. The belt on the vacuum blow out yesterday and actually improved the odor of the house. 

The other day, I went in the bedroom where all three had been sleeping and nearly fell over. 

One sealed off room + 3 gassy dogs = hot boxing dog style

And it's not good.

Vacuum belt...ha, ha, ha, ha!  LOL  I just about lost it here and I'm still laughing.  My hubby is in a meeting right now (works from home) but I'll send this to him so that he knows that we aren't alone.  My sympathies!   ;D   Maybe I should try burning some broccoli to cover the stench next time Daisy & Sam are having problems.  That might work, too.  ;)  :P  :D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 12:22:40 am »
LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

At least I now know I'm not alone in the stink butt department. He let one go by the back door as I was trying to let him out. I swear he's trying to kill me!  ::)

I've had to fabreeze my car before I went to work and then at lunch and crack the windows in the parking lot (good thing I work in law enforcement so my car is semi-safe in the parking lot!). If I had to take someone somewhere they would have thought I hit a skunk!

I honestly didn't think about the broken windows!!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat