Author Topic: horrible day got worse  (Read 3284 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
horrible day got worse
« on: September 09, 2007, 04:45:51 am »
The title pretty much sums up the day for me.  As if it wasn't bad enough it spiraled out of control all the way to hellacious (I made up that spelling).  I've had a migraine and wound up getting sick in my kitchen so I had to clean the floor and then Shiner went through a window this afternoon.  So I had to cover the hole with plywood until I can get a new piece of glass cut.  So I'm asking what really is a rhetorical question but I would still love to have an answer to it.  Why is it that when the canoe has a hole in it and you have no bucket to bail water and no oar to paddle with that it starts raining and you look up to see a waterfall approaching?  In other words, why does all the sh@t happen at one time? 

By the way, thank you for all your good thoughts for Kevlar and I.  I know I appreciate them and I'm sure he did too.  And good news is that Shiner was not seriously injured.  He has some minor cuts on his paws that had stopped bleeding in 5 minutes of the accident and no glass can be found in the wounds.  Also it looks like the 4 benadryl are working on his allergy.  AT least he's not itching like crazy.  I think I'm ready for this day to be over.  I know I've told you this before but you really are the best bunch of people that I've never physically met and I'm so glad that I know you.   :-*
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Gill

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: horrible day got worse
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 04:48:58 am »
I am sorry that you have had such a bad day, it does seem to happen all at once doesn't it. But as they say after a day like that,the only way....is up right?
Bogie 9y.o Blue-fronted Amazon Parrot
Montague 1 year old St Bernard Puppy

All the while you have a dog you will be loved.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:56:57 am »
Geez, I'm sorry but you are right- when it rains it pours. It ALWAYS seems to work that way at the very worst times. Tomorrow has to be better right? Okay, well I'm usually not that lucky but it will get better soon. I would say drink it up too, but that might be the wrong thing for your migraine.. I'd go get under my covers until tomorrow. :)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 05:02:03 am »
Man I am so sorry your day has been so bad. It does seem like things happen all at once. I hope tomorrow is better for you. I hadn't got a chance to post in your other thread..but sorry for your loss.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 05:15:04 am »
I always say when my days tend to turn into so much cr@p like that, that the Universe is testing me.  And always remember that tomorrow just has to be better, 'cause today couldn't possibly suck any more.  ;)
I too am very sorry about the loss of your furry feline friend.  Also about your migrane, they run in our family, and when one person has one, we all end up for some reason getting one. 
Now my advise to you is very similar to everyone elses.  Go make yourself a nice hot chocolate and Bailey's, run yourself a bubble bath, grab a cheesy romance novel and some candles.  Have a bath, drink, read, and then to bed.  Hope tomorrow brings better things then today did.
 ;) ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:30:01 am »
Agh!  I'm so sorry, what a horrible day!  I hope that by now you are curled up in bed sound asleep and that you wake to a much, much better day tomorrow.  Sounds like it's just has to be better than today was. 

I really feel for you.  I'm so sorry about Kevlar.  :'(  We lost Dini, one of our kitties 2 1/2 weeks ago and my DH, DS & I been nursing her brother (hopefully) through severe liver problems now for 2 weeks on sub-cu fluids, syringe feedings & meds.  It's just now in the last few days that we think that he's going to make it.  It's so hard to lose a furry buddy, they are all so special in their own little ways.  I always think that they leave their pawprints on my heart.  Take care of yourself. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees