Poll

How many dogs would you have?

I'm happy with the one I have right now.
Two is ideal for me.
Three of a kind wins hands down.
A handful of dogs would rock!
I'll take one dozen to entertain me constantly.

Author Topic: If you had one wish....  (Read 3956 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
If you had one wish....
« on: July 23, 2005, 08:12:15 pm »
I personally can't wait to get more dogs to make our home even happier than it is now and would love the fairy dogmother to just give me more. How about you? Are you content with your current situation or if you were granted one wish would you increase the amount of dogs in your household?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: If you had one wish....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:27:56 pm »
I am sure you all know my answer, I woted with my heart, had I taken hubby into concideration, well I guess the answer had been a tad bit different lol....

As a side note on this, if I could wish for anything, and you dont count the health wish. I would like to have so much money so I could buy a large farm, build totally after my own wishes a safe heaven for all kinds of animals. Animals that are in foster and would be adopted out. Animals that are old or injured and need somewhere to live out their days. Make it a place where no animals ever had to worry about running out of time, or not being cared for. Then since I had unlimited money I would hire lots of people from here to care for them with me, since I for a fact know that the people on here are the most caring and loving you can find.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 08:29:29 pm »
Wow, that is such a hard question to answer for me. 

I always think we have a good balance with two dogs and two people, but then I see some dog in need of a home, or reading the posts makes me fall in love all over again with a certain breed, and I think I want another one.  Plus, I really want to raise a puppy! 

But then, I think about how much individual attention we are able to give our dogs, and that nice balance again, (and our financial situation), and I realize we probably really need to stick to just two...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline gerry

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 08:32:58 pm »
Definitely would increase the amount of dogs in my household.  Not as if I donn't have enough already.  4 dogs take a lot of work, especially when they are all house dogs.  Obviously most breeders have numerous dogs, but hte majority of them are kennedl dogs.

If I had one wish, would be to have my log home already built.  We have 13.5 acres of land in NY state that we plan on moving to when we are no longer working.  Not soon enough!!!  The dogs would have plenty of room.

A few pictures taken today 7-23 of the dogs while they were enjoying some freedom and nice weather on in NY.

Bruno 5.5 months

[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/105621658.jpg[/img]

[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/105621673.jpg[/img]

[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/105621769.jpg[/img]

Damon

[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/105621745.jpg[/img]

Zanta

[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/105621784.jpg[/img]

[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/105621792.jpg[/img]

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 08:35:37 pm »
If I had one wish it would be all dogs live forever and never be ill, suffer etc. i would absolutley have more dogs!!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 09:00:08 pm »
Eventually I would like another dog, but for now I think one is the right amount for me. I love my dog and treat her like a child; I spend tons of money on her (hundreds of dollars a month on the best food, suppliments, vet care, toys, treats, etc) and give her tons and tons of personal attention (sometimes I feel like all of my spare time is spent taken care of zoey). If I had another dog I would not be able to shower them both with the attention and care that I would want to give them.

Dan, on the other hand, would love to have 37 puppies living in our house. If only they weren't so much work....
RIP former BPO

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 07:08:12 am »
I personally can't wait to get more dogs to make our home even happier than it is now and would love the fairy dogmother to just give me more. How about you? Are you content with your current situation or if you were granted one wish would you increase the amount of dogs in your household?
I am getting my wish!!...I wished for just the right little girl Pyr & Arwen was all but dropped from the heavens into my lap!!...It is so wierd that when I joined B.P.'s I saw Jackie was here & I had fallen in love with her dogs via the net long before I joined here...& after reading on the boards here about my wanting to add a Pyr girl to our family, & looking at what we wanted & our situation she contacted me saying she thought she had the Pyrfect little girl for me....I was thrilled!!!...If you wish hard enough wishes really do come true!! ;D

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 07:36:28 am »
I would have a huge house with plenty of acres and adopt all the malamutes that needed a good home and they could run and play all day.

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 10:00:09 am »
Good question!  This very question was conversation topic for me last week as a good friend added a third Portugese water dog to her family. Adding another pup to our family strikes fear in my heart. I fear disturbing the harmony of our lives ... how perfect it is right now with my human and 2-dog family. I fear not having the quality time to devote to my fur kids ... I fear having to split myself too many ways to make sure each puppy knows it is loved and I fear how our interaction dynamics may change. Now that the sappy fears are behind, here are the "serious" fears <big grin>: I fear even more globs and clumps of fur during the down-right hairy "blow-your-coat" days, more gouges in the wood floor (which is already looking pretty antiqued now), more poop-scoop duty detail measuring in the double-digit pounds, more ... no less space on my bed at night, more puppy spit during hearty face-to-face hug sessions, more pairs of devoted eyes to watch my every move and, while workmen are around, making sure no one will get me, more soft heads to rub when I'm feeling blue, more sets of ears to listen to my problems or bad singing (both of which no one else in their right mind would want to hear! ;-), more love than a human has any right to expect or deserve.  So, in a nutshell, if my house had the room, I'd welcome another ... no, I fear, several more dogs! ;-)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 11:29:23 am »
Hands down, no hesitation I would love to adopt and rescue every Dobe in NS if I had the money and the help that I would need.  My dream/goal is to help as many Dobes that are in need of rescueing, my little contribution to a fantastic breed of dog. ;D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 06:10:00 pm »
I'd love to have another dog.  We took Ranger to stay with our breeder while we were on vacation.  He actually thanked us for taking such good care of him, which was a HUGE compliment, since he has been breeding Swissys for 15 years.  Anyhow, he was trying to convince hubby that in a year or so it might be time for a buddy.   :)  Any breed suggestions?  LOL!

As far as other wishes....My one wish is to be content and aware.  I consider myself to be a very driven person and sometimes it is hard to just take a step back and appreciate and enjoy what you have.  There is a wonderful quote that says, "Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise or work or trouble.  It means to be in the midst of those things and still be quiet in your heart."  I have it hanging on our refrigerator and look at it each day as a reminder to take a moment to appreciate my life, the people I am blessed to have in it, and to always remember that the universe is wise.