Author Topic: Spontaneous Drooling UPDATE trip to the vet- conclusions....  (Read 6322 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Spontaneous Drooling UPDATE trip to the vet- conclusions....
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:36:44 am »
Alright, Chloe has only VERY VERY VERY occationally had a string of drool. maybe 3 times since we have had her. well that all changed today. shes been like a stringy waterfall. theyre soooooooooooo long and gross! the worse part is when she starts to walk they wrap around her muzzle and another string starts again. oh its gross lol. i didnt think she was gonna be a drooler.  ::) but then again, this may just be something that shes gonna do today and not again lol.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:07:40 am by RMSChloe »
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

mama23+pyrs2

Re: Spontaneous Drooling
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:18:54 am »
Has she been coughing more today, could that be related?  ???

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:17:58 am »
excessive drooling is also a sign of an upset tummy.  How's her food intake?
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:00:01 pm »
i was just going to post this when i read your replies. it was too late last night to. when i tried to open her mouth later on at night to give her a pill she screatched and jumped up and ran away from me. i dont know what that was all about, but i figured im not going to torture her so i crushed it up and gave it to her in some yogurt. i was thinkning it was just because she was coughing so much. but then i thought it may have been a tummy ache because she wasnt eating, but then i thought it might have been an irritant in her mouth because she yelped at me. omg, shes so confusing. WHY DOES SHE DO THIS TO ME! its official, she hates me.... ::) we are off to the vet today though after i get out of work, actually i need to go now so i can get the horses out and get home early to get ready to go! but hopefully i can get some answers today!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 08:09:13 pm »
shes on tramadol and rimadyl. oh as an update, we are just about to go to the vets. she hasent drooled at all today... and of course, she hasent coughed once either! im sure my vet is going to start thinking im nuts. like those mothers who make their kids sick for attention, hes going to start think im doing it to my pup! lol ;D She hates me! she loves making me look crazy! :D i think im losing it.... lets just hope she put on the weight i was wanting her to, last time we were there she was just at 40lbs, i really want her at atleast 50... but lets all cross our paws!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 04:06:51 am »
Alright, so she officially hates me!  :-[ the coughing, none at all, no throat irritation no lymph nodes swollen no signs of anything, and, he tried to induce a cough guess what.... SHE WOULDNT COUGH! i swear, im going to go insane. Then to help me out, when we were on the way home...yeah, she coughed.  ::) so, the drooling. not a drip of drool today, and shes been eating fine. i think her belly was just a little upset yesterday... her heartworm testing, she tested negative, and started on interceptor, yay. (thats one good thing) and her horrid rash on her belly, Pyoderma. SOOOO she got some antibiotics for that, and some shampoo. wonderful... just peachy.... another $125 into her bank account lol. ive actually bought a binder and have all her recipts in order with dividers by month, and a cover sheet for each month with the date, what was done, cost, and total cost for the month. and in the front of it all is her AKC registration. it comes in handy especially because shes been to different vets and if i need to know something from them i have her account number all the time, and i can tell them right away what meds shes been on and when she was on them. its quite handy!

bigdogs@5501

Re: Spontaneous Drooling UPDATE trip to the vet- conclusions....
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:29:56 am »
I also keep a folder on each one of my dogs, I suppose its the unofficial doggy library since there are so many dogs. Reading your posts, I think that you and Chloe should be the poster parent/dog for anyone who is thinking about getting a dog because it is something that you cant just put in the backyard and buy thier food from the local supermarket. Or for someone who hasnt got a clue that the purchase price is not the most that you will be out on said dog. I try not to look at our receipts, however I can pretty much recite every expense on every dog. Zoey has been the most expensive so far. I am glad that Chloe has you and didnt end up in a pound. Did she gain any weight?

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Spontaneous Drooling UPDATE trip to the vet- conclusions....
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 02:30:17 pm »
OH i knew i forgot something. YES! last time we were there she was 40.1lbs, yesterday she was 13.6lbs, so thats 3.5 shes put on. the vet said it was perfect. he said shes putting on the weight she needs for muscle development, but not putting on too much that its going to strain her joints and make things more difficult. so that was great! he was very happy with her. i asked him about taking her to a chiropractor for her back, and he said it just looks like she needs more muscle in the rear and it will be just fine. yeah i know what you mean about just putting your dog in the backyard. theres a guy across from my inlaws that has a rottie, and he keeps the thing outside in his backyard all the time and it barks and barks and barks, its really annoying and upsetting. they have called the cops (not my inlaws, but other neighbors too) a few times. nothing changes though! :-[ oooh crapola i have to get off to work now, we have to race in Vernon today so i have a nice 3hr drive when we finish at the barn working to go and work at the track and race, and then a nice 3hr drive back to the barn to unload the horses and feed, and then a drive home. last week when we did this i got home at 4:30..AM... woooonderfulll ll.. ::)