Author Topic: HELP - FREAKING OUT!  (Read 2393 times)

EllieAndBlu

HELP - FREAKING OUT!
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:15:58 pm »
Pickle, my roommate's 12 pound chihuahua ate the Donkey's 500mg metronitozol (sp?) and after 10 cc of hydrogen peroxide will not throw up!

The roomie's dad is a vet and said to just keep an eye on him - but I am going to have a coronary....

right now the litle guy is sleeping on the couch.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: HELP - FREAKING OUT!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:46:40 pm »
isn't that an antibiotic?  i looked it up and game up with a metronidazole thats why i'm asking.  it says side effects are nausea, diarrhea, and/or metallic taste in the mouth.  if it's an antibiotic i wouldn't worry too much, personally.  i'd just watch for weird behavior.  it also says High doses and/or long-term systemic treatment with metronidazole is associated with the development of black hairy tongue, leukopenia, neutropenia, increased risk of peripheral neuropathy and/or CNS toxicity.[1]

modified to add a pic of "black hairy tongue" because the mental pic of a chihuahua running around with it about killed me!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:48:29 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:53:02 pm »
Thanks ladies - I knew you would be my voices of reasons...

I just picked the little guy up for a snuggle - for which he burped in my face and is now sleeping...  or at least trying to... he sure does look uncomfortable and WANTS to throw up.  OMG - could I feel any worse - probably not.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 05:58:30 pm »
OMG Steff - that hairy tongue - eeewwwww - lol!

I am happy to report the little guy just threw-up, however I did not see the pill - but along with his food was some white residue - so I am feeling a little better now....  a little more yak out of him and that would be the best birthday present EVER!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 06:11:48 pm by EllieAndBlu »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 07:05:02 pm »
well- after barfing in every room - the little guy is curled up next to me sleeping...

thanks for talking me down from the freak-out cliff! xoxoxoxoxoxo

p.s. Liz  - glad to hear your sable is still a cow after 2 -years  :)

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:25:35 pm »
I am with Julie on this one...lol

Glad Pickle is going to be ok...silly little guy.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 07:30:06 pm »
Pickle - will friggin' eat anything.... when the bell rings on the oven - he is the first one to arrive...  when I clean the stove-top before vacuuming - he is at my feet hopig for  a rainstorm of old, crusty droppings...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone - Pickle is resting comfortably... meanwhile Auntie needs an IV of valium!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »
i could have gone into details of what EXACTLY that is on the tongue.  i promise, it's even nastier than the picture!

anywho, i wish my dogs would take medicine that easy, too.  not even my kids will take medicine.  they see it and aiden runs screaming "no i can't want no more!" (his version of i don't want it).
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 04:44:03 am »
the little rat

Nice, Holly. 

;D ;D ;D

~ Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland