Author Topic: poor man / dog *UPDATE with wild twist????*  (Read 5109 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
poor man / dog *UPDATE with wild twist????*
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:39:22 pm »
ok, so though i know it's probably just the guy didn't do his research on the breed, i still feel sorry for the BOTH of them.  the dog and the family lol.  i saw this ad on craigslist and thought it was pretty funny / sad all at the same time.  poor dog is probably losing her mind out of boredom or something and the poor guy...  well, i just feel sorry for him not figuring out what's wrong with the dog's life that's causing this behavior!  hopefully she'll go to a more boxer savvy home, or maybe the local boxer rescue will see her!
------------------------------------------------------------

Unruly 2-Year-Old Boxer Puppy
Reply to: comm-421273985@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-13, 9:14AM EDT

Free to anyone with more patience than I have. 2-year-old Boxer puppy. Does not come when called, but her name is Abby. Missing back left leg, so she can't scratch her left ear. We ask her every day where her leg is, but she won't tell us. In spite of her handicap, jumps on furniture and runs in a circle like nothing I've ever seen. Loves toys - anything loud that sqeaks. Will bug the crap out of you dropping her ball at your feet, then grabs it and runs off when you bend down to get it. Shoves toys under the furniture, then whines until you fetch them for her. Abby loves to pee all over the rugs in the living room and dining room, however, she saves her poops for the kids' bedroom carpet. Will eat anything she can get a hold of. However, only weighs 40 pounds because she is bulimic. Is not picky about where she throws up. Loves to fight with our other dog, and, in spite of the fact he outweighs her by 100 pounds, can kick the crap out of him. Does not sleep, and will wake you up to play at 4:00 a.m. if not in her crate. Fights to the death when you attempt to put her in her crate, so oven mitts or thick gloves, and a sofa-cushion shield are required. Yes . . . her bite is much worse than her bark. Has been spade and is up-to-date on all vaccinations.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:44:25 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: poor man / dog
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:51:47 pm »
Well, at least he didn't loose his sence of humor...it can't be that bad then  ???
Poor doggy
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:56:31 pm »
true, got to give him credit for being COMPLETELY honest, also!  better than the ones who say their dog is perfect and you get it home to find it's the devil dog!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:46:41 pm »
Yeah that ad is hysterical in a sad way. I know boxers can be handfuls and it doesn't sound like her missing leg has slowed her down! I also don't see how on earth he will find a home for her posting on craigslist and saying those things but good that he's honest, yes. Maybe someone will take her in out of sheer pity or a recue person will see it.
She is freakin adorable though.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:02:27 pm »
if i was a person looking for a boxer (i'm not, i like lazy dogs) that'd be the one i got.  for the sheer fact, with that much honesty, you pretty much know you're not going to get home and find any "surprise" behaviors lol.  there is a boxer rescue that frequents our craigslist, so maybe they'll be able to get her.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: poor man / dog *UPDATE with wild twist????*
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 08:45:29 pm »
ok so this guy posted a second leg, where everyone questioned him.  the leg reappeared and now it's the OTHER leg that's amputated???

he added:

Since I believe in full disclosure, I was just reminded of something as Abby was chasing the UPS guy down the driveway. Abby is not afraid of taking on a moving car, and bites the tires on the golf cart - while it's moving. (The dog ain't right).

I have had several people ask me about her missing leg. I was told from the rescue where I got her that they think it was broken, and her previous owners either couldn't afford to have it fixed, or waited too long to take her to the vet to have it looked at. She has been babied because of this, and I'm sure that is why she has behavior issues.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:47:57 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:06:31 pm »
hm good point about flipping...  not sure why they'd have done that though?   i would have called the rescue, too, but you know not all people think straight when they're mad  :-\
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 09:13:18 pm »
yeah perhaps it got flipped somehow unintentionall y? There is a pic where it showed her with all her legs?  I would also wonder why he wouldn't just contact the rescue again. Maybe he doesn't want them to know he's not keeping her, who knows. She looks awfully sad though. :(

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 09:15:27 pm »
no, none with all the legs.  just one with a right leg and one with a left lol
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 09:18:02 pm »
Hmmm...I must admit. When I first read that ad, I thought it was some ridiculous scam.

Based on the photos, I still think so.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 09:25:29 pm »
there's no telling.  the white markings do look the same, though.  and when you flip it in a photo editor it does look "right" instead of not quite a real (or original) picture.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 09:28:48 pm »
I'm not saying I think its a fake photo. I'm sure its real. I just don't think the ad is real.

I thought you were having a baby today, Steff?

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 09:33:13 pm »
monday *dances* (if we can get that far, had a few developments)

the thing that's so upsetting about craigslist (to me) is that everyone is arguing over it being a dog that is missing and have completely forgotten about the leg now.  the one that is missing is a male, with different white markings, etc, etc.  no photo shop can cut out a weiner out THAT well.  anywho, long story short, it's really tearing the family up who lost "duke" the male.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 09:43:37 pm »
monday *dances* (if we can get that far, had a few developments)

the thing that's so upsetting about craigslist (to me) is that everyone is arguing over it being a dog that is missing and have completely forgotten about the leg now.  the one that is missing is a male, with different white markings, etc, etc.  no photo shop can cut out a weiner out THAT well.  anywho, long story short, it's really tearing the family up who lost "duke" the male.

Ok am I missing something? This person is looking to give his dog to someone? Or is this dog missing? And how many legs is it missing? I'm totaly cunfused an not blond.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 09:45:13 pm »
there are two ads.  one looking for duke, the missing male.  one trying to find a home for abby the female with the leg that switched sides.  in one picture it was the left back leg the other it was the right back leg.  everyone on CL is arguing that the female IS the missing male  ???  it obviously isn't, the dogs are completely different (not only in the fact one is male and one is female but also in markings).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:45:57 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)