Author Topic: *NDR* baby gear, i found this super cool...  (Read 2474 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
*NDR* baby gear, i found this super cool...
« on: September 14, 2007, 04:59:55 pm »
well.  actually, i'm not sure what it is exactly, but it's so cool!  it's kind of a swing, kind of a bassinet, and well, kinda a bouncer i guess in how it looks.  anywho, i found it at wal mart, and it's SO cool!  i bought it last night and set it up, and it's *SO* quiet when it moves and it's so relaxing.  it moves front to back or you can turn it to where it moves side to side.  fast or slow, and "sleepy" or "playful" music.  i only wish it plugged into the wall like some of the newer ones do now.  it's got some nice padding in it and it's SO cute to look at.  anywho, just thought i'd share in case any of you were looking at it in the future.  just a note, though, it's kind of big.  not something you'll want if you'll be moving it a lot.  it stands just about knee high on me (i'm 5'1 or so) on the front of it, the back is higher, which i like with axle and peanut around (especially axle b/c he won't trip over it).  it got a 5 star rating out of 14 reviews.  please note also that the site says $62, but at *our* store, i had to pay a little more than that for some reason.

modified to add that it looks peach / pink and green, BUT it's yellow and green so it'll go for boys or girls.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 05:01:18 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: *NDR* baby gear, i found this super cool...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 09:02:19 pm »
That looks so cool, where did you find it? 

Two more days to go for you.....can you stand it???
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 09:16:45 pm »
i got it at wal mart, i can't wait to use it!  two days, i haven't slept since tuesday i'm so excited lmao
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 11:07:28 pm »
That is so coll!! I played with one in Babies R Us a little while back. I was like "Oh! Do they make one big enough for me?!?!?" At work there has been 3 babies born already with 2 more to go, and of course my niece and nephew (two different sides of the family) so LOTS of time looking at baby stuff.

Can't wait to see the new addition!!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 04:57:30 am »
Aww, yeah I remember seeing that. I'm passing on any extra gear this time since we seem to have enough..or too much. I hate when they outgrow things and then I get sad seeing it sit around, and then of course finding a place for it haha. We have a swing, and a rocky seat thing so that will have to do. :P I dread getting that swing down again, so nice not having a bunch of baby stuff sitting around, the toys are taking over as it is!! I *may* consider a Bumbo seat this time around if I can find a good deal on one.

I'm sooooooooooooo oooooo excited for you, Monday..WOW. I cannot wait for the update and pictures. You better have gone and got your camera battery. ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 04:58:19 am by mama2many »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 05:46:37 am »
ha ha this is funny, the not wanting extra stuff around is why we got this lol.  i didn't want a bassinet AND swing sitting around, and since my boys had acid reflux i didn't have any of my old stuff  :-\  so we got this that i think will do both things, and then we got a playpen that's bigger than normal instead of a crib.  i had both boys in toddler beds about the time they were one.  i think aiden was just over 1 and tristan was about 9 or 10 months.  i didn't want to buy a crib that i'd only use for a few months (just until they start walking), and the one from the boys i lost the hardware to  :-[  anywho, another concern for us is having a baby, i don't want her on the floor or the couch (peanut and the kids on the couch and i just won't put a baby on the floor unless i'm RIGHT there not to mention smothering risks) so this is really multi purpose for us. 

i can't wait for monday, i'm SO ready for this to be over with lol  it's to the point i feel sick to my stomach when she moves b/c there just isn't any more room (plus i really want to use all this cute GIRL stuff!)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 05:52:00 am »
That is sooo super cool about Monday ~ sending good labour vibes  ;D Girls are sooo different from boys. :o

That rocker/swing is sooo comfy looking ~ I'm not having any more babies but it would be super sweet for my tiny foster babies ~ hhuuumm something to think about..
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)