Author Topic: NDR - Breast Cancer Walk  (Read 1326 times)

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
NDR - Breast Cancer Walk
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:24:39 pm »
So as I've posted a couple times, life has been crazy around our house. In May, my mom had breast cancer surgery and a new type of aggressive radiation treatment. In June, we got the "all clear" that she's good to go. She will be on Chemo pills for the next 5 years but thats better than having to go through treatment.

Thursday afternoon we were told that my 85 year old grandmother also has breast cancer. They said it looks like the early stages which is good. But at 85 there's worry about the next steps.

As my mom was going through treatment I signed up to walk in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. It is coming up the end of October. It started as me and my best friend and grew into a group of people that want to walk as a team to honor my mom.

I feel kind of guilty asking for donations with so many mommies-to-be and mommies with kids school fundraiser season going on. Any help is gratefully appreciated towards breast cancer research, education and advocacy.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/marthasangels

Thanks for any help and just knowing that I have support here!

~Annette
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - Breast Cancer Walk
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 09:06:42 pm »
Good for you and your friends!!!  I'm glad that your mom got the all clear.  Do they want to be as aggressive with your grandmother?  Does she have anyone who can stay with her, as you know she is going to be exhausted.  Good luck!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - Breast Cancer Walk
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 11:03:25 pm »
The one good thing is that we all live in the same house. The one bad thing is that we all live in the same house.  ;D

We're more worried about anestheia (spelling?) and how the surgery will go. She doesn't do bad for 85, except they are worried about her thyroid now as well. We will find out more on Friday after she meets with the surgeon.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat