Author Topic: best dry dog food my 3 1/2 mths great pyrenees pup's and why  (Read 3940 times)

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
best dry dog food my 3 1/2 mths great pyrenees pup's and why
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:38:22 am »
best dog food

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: best dry dog food my 3 1/2 mths great pyrenees pup's and why
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 03:25:28 pm »
I swear by blue buffalo.

www.bluebuff.c om

Offline mountaindogmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Jack & Greta's Pics
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 05:19:14 pm »
After MUCH research we decided on Eagle Pack Holisitic Large & Giant Breed Puppy (the regular, non-holistic, variety ais very good also, just depends on what's available near you).  We were seeking some nutritional advice for some growth issues that Jack started with at about 6 months old and came across "The Great Dane Lady" a nutritionist and Dane breeder who specializes in issues of large & giant breeds.  Her site is www.greatdanel ady.com

She recommends Eagle Pack due to the results of extensive studies they've done with Great Danes.  There's lots of info on their site (www.eaglepack. com) about the food and the studies.  As for some of it's benefits - it has glucosomine and chondroitin for healthy joint development and the perfect amount of protein/carbs/minerals, etc. to prevent large & giant breeds from growing too quickly while supporting their nutritional needs.
Greta - Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (DOB 5-20-06)
Jack - Great Pyrenees (DOB 12-26-06)
& Three Kitties - Zoie, Bella & Nessie!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 05:25:38 pm »
when it comes to food, thats a personal choice i think. and partly a pups choice. the only thing i want to say is check out the great dane lady's site for some info... and i STRONGLY support using probiotics when switching foods or even all the time. its a huge help when switching! makes it easier on their bellies for sure!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!