Author Topic: Chloe is off of her Tramadol. And guess what happened...  (Read 5413 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Chloe is off of her Tramadol. And guess what happened...
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:34:01 pm »
NOTHING! if anything, shes gotten better! you can see her muscle is really starting to build up now, shes not walking so hunched up anymore, and her legs are spred apart more like they should be behind, rather than stuck together shuffling along. the other day she went down the stairs. my mom was taking care of her, and normally i dont let her do stairs, i carry her, because i dont want her to fall and get hurt. well my mother cant carry her, shes too heavy for her, so she had no choice. and my mom told me she went down the stairs wonderfully. shes running and playing fetch and jumping around like a pup. people have gone from saying
"whats wrong with her!?" to saying "shes so cute, but shes so skinny!" so now she looks like a normal dog, just skinny. lol. so shes off of her Tramadol, i wasnt going to take her off it to fast, but somehow (i blame my man) she ended up running out of 3 pills in one day (i think he dropped them down the sink and he wont tell me!). and the vet was closed when i found out late saturday night, and obviously they were closed sunday. so she had no choice but to be off of them. and she was fine! so im leaving her off and just getting a refill incase anything happens to her that i need them. shes still on the Rimodyl, and im going to keep her on that for a while more to make sure shes alright and then VERY slowly decrease that one. so far so good! its been 2 and a half days without the tramadol and everything is fine! her pyoderma is clearing up with her antibiotics as well. SOOOoooOOOO! yay!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Chloe is off of her Tramadol. And guess what happened...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 11:38:02 pm »
Yay! That is great news!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 11:51:04 pm »
awwww thats wonderful news. YAYYYYYYY CHLOE! woo hoo!
we are celebrating over here. You must get some new photos for us all now ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:13:09 am »
Yea Chloe!  That's great news. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 08:48:52 am »
sounds like things are going great. :) Give her a big hug for me.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 12:48:20 pm »
That's wonderful news!  :D Have you thought of going the "all natural" route with her, herbal suppliments ect?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
That's wonderful news!  :D Have you thought of going the "all natural" route with her, herbal suppliments ect?

Nina

not yet. maybe later on. its too soon right now, but later on she will definately get joint supplaments!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 04:29:22 pm »
Just speaking from experience with herbal medicine, Harley my lab, has major skin allergies which cause her to itch all the time. We have her on a chinese herbal powder and she is doing so awesome on it. Way better than the conventional medication which would be harmful to her liver.

I am so happy that Chloe is doing so well off the meds, hopefully she won't have to go back on them.  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 05:16:04 pm »
i hope she doesnt have to go back on them as well (and my bank account agrees) :D as for all natural meds, theres really nothing she needs to be on right now, and i dont want anything that will complicate the one med she is on right now for pain, and her antibiotic. i dont know if you know, but her anitbiotic is for her pyoderma, so she needs to be on that, hers was actually severe... but her rimodyl she needs to stay on right now untill im sure we are getting over this disease without relapsing. then i will slowly wean her off that. other than that... she will be seeing some joint supplaments like glucosamine in the future, and mostly everything i can do to protect her joints and bones and keep her healthy. just try to protect from any HD or ED, arthritis, etc. but like i said, at this moment im not putting her on anything because of the meds shes still on. but difinately in the future! ;D