Author Topic: Easywalk harness:highly recommended!  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Easywalk harness:highly recommended!
« on: September 17, 2007, 02:25:19 pm »
I bought it online and have been using it on Butter for a week. It is realy wonderful. He was comfortable with it the moment he took it on. I can hold him still with one hand even if there is noisy puppy or running kids in front of him. There is basically no difference between walking in our quiet neighborbood or inside petsmart. A gentle tug on leash will correct him when he is walking too fast or is distracted.
In the beginner's training class, there are 2 puppies with head halters and 2 with easywalk harness, others are using plain collars. The easy of control is similar, but easywalk is way more comfortable. One of the puppy(yellow lab) has been using head halter for 6 weeks at least, and still is not comfortable with it and paws it all the time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:33:17 pm by Edwpang »

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Easywalk harness:highly recommended!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:49:47 am »
Is the easywalk harness made by the same company as Gentle leader?  At what age did you start them on it my pup is 3months old I dont want to have to buy 2 different sizes. 
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 12:52:56 pm »
Is the easywalk harness made by the same company as Gentle leader?  At what age did you start them on it my pup is 3months old I dont want to have to buy 2 different sizes. 
Yeah. http://www.premier.com/pages.cfm?ID=75
Butter is 8 month old now, and I bought Size L(26"-36"). I almost adjusted all 3 straps to shortest length, but the chest strap is a little bit loose. Anyway it's still effective against pulling. BTW, I found another way to fit the harness: the chest strap on shoulder, and shoulder strap in front of chest which makes a perfect fit for butter. It is almost as effective as suggested fitting.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 12:54:41 pm by Edwpang »

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 11:04:16 am »
Wow. I've heard such good things about these. And now that BPO has confirmed it, I definitely am going to have to get one! I'm using a traditional collar with Miles right now, and he is always sniffing the ground and trying to eat things and stuff and its so hard to control him without choking him to death! What a GREAT harness! Seems like it should help alot!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 11:33:53 am »
Wow. I've heard such good things about these. And now that BPO has confirmed it, I definitely am going to have to get one! I'm using a traditional collar with Miles right now, and he is always sniffing the ground and trying to eat things and stuff and its so hard to control him without choking him to death! What a GREAT harness! Seems like it should help alot!
Glad you like it. As Julie has mentioned:"The easy walk caused some rubbing irritation in their armpits", I saw a dog with easy walk his fur was quite thin in his armpits.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 05:57:01 pm »
I use both depending on what we're doing.  If we're just going for a walk down our road, then the halter is great, but if we're going into the city where there are alot of distractions, I use the Gentle Leader.  Love them both!   ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 03:01:42 pm »
Woohoo. I finally purchased a a Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness. I haven't tried it out for a full on walk yet, but from what I've seen, It seems that it should work well. I got him the medium size. I feel like he's going to grow out of it so quickly though. haha Oh well. I guess I'll be getting the large in another month or so! haha Whatever works! Today when I went to the pet store to try it on him, he was choking himself like crazy he was pulling so hard. It just reiterated the fact why I was there in the first place!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 08:59:49 pm »
I'm glad I found this post; I'll have to check out the site and get one of these for Mallory. I just hadn't been impressed with any of the buckle collars I'd seen at the stores and this sounds great!
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup