Author Topic: Need Suggestions for Toys  (Read 9496 times)

Offline marypr2

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Need Suggestions for Toys
« on: September 18, 2007, 04:21:35 pm »
Okay, you guys.  I have already discussed with you that Kuma doesn't really play with ANYTHING I have for him....no balls, no squeaky things, no ropes, no Kongs.  He will chew on rawhide bones and pig ears.  He is picky about his treats too, and prefers snausages to everything else.

So, I am looking for suggestions for REALLY GREAT toys that a dog like this might like.  Remember he is really smart about escaping....pe rhaps there is a toy out there that he can manipulate by opening up doors or sliding things.

thanks in advance for any insights.

Mary

Offline marypr2

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Need Suggestions for Toys
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:52:28 pm »
Hi-
I tried to find your "I caught my tail" post, and I couldn't.  Where exactly is it?  Perhaps it isn't under Malamutes and that's why I can't find it.

Thanks again,
Mary

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:29:11 pm »
i cant help on any escaping or destroying, i dont have that problem. but i take my pup with me to petsmart and let her pick out her own toys. a lot of times, if i pick something out for her, she wont play with it, but if i take her there and she picks it out, she never leaves it alone. she tends to pick out anything that is a stuffed animal. she likes soft toys that she can play with AND cuddle with. she also loves rawhide, pig ears, etc. but i just found it easier if i her do it herself.
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline marypr2

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:33:23 pm »
Hi-
I looked at dog.com, and they sell these cubes.  Don't know if you would have to back order it or something, but they had it listed.

Mary

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:35:18 pm »
my Bullies adore the Bad Cuz and "the other cuz" balls. but, you said that your dog doesnt like squeeky balls. i also get them meated soupbones from the grocery store or from darcys sisters farm. that keeps them all busy, and reba (our crested) sits there for hours and hours cleaning them right out...
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline marypr2

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 06:06:48 pm »
Oh yes, he does like those soup bones.  We can get them at the grocery too.

Say, I have been unable to post a picture.  It keeps on saying it is full.  How is it that you all are able to post pictures?  Is it just MY buffer is full?

I can't figure out how to contact the administrator to ask this question.  Maybe you all know.

Have a great day,
Mary

Offline marypr2

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 08:04:10 pm »
Thanks for the information.  Are you someone involved in managing the site?

Mary

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 09:23:28 pm »
Mary, Just an FYI, we have the best moderators on the Web, seriously. Just had to add that info. Also not sure if you have tried the kong- but put peanut butter in it and freeze it - thats good for at least an hour of entertainment.

Offline marypr2

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 08:31:33 am »
Hi-
Yes, I tried the Kong, and tried it with peanut butter....can't recall if I froze it or not.  Kuma didn't go for it at all.  It just made a mess that attracted ants.

So, when you freeze it, does the peanut butter just crack up (and come out the hole) when they chew on the Kong?  or is the freezing to make it cold to eat?

Take care and thanks,
Mary

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:14 am »
will the peanut butter upset their tummy?  Has anyone tried the kong stuffers that are like squeeze cheese? 
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:51:21 am »
Have you tried soaking a rope in the chicken or beef broth and freezing it?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 12:41:24 pm »
my Bullies adore the Bad Cuz and "the other cuz" balls. but, you said that your dog doesnt like squeeky balls. i also get them meated soupbones from the grocery store or from darcys sisters farm. that keeps them all busy, and reba (our crested) sits there for hours and hours cleaning them right out...

I bought a couple of the bad cuz balls. Merri thinks its her baby, in other words don't go near it. And Tripper is a big baby, totally afraid of it. Weird. He'll give it sniff and pretty much run from it. And the old girl can't be bothered.

Offline mingaling

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • TheVelvetSnoot.com
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:38:24 pm »
www.thevelvets noot.com
Look at the Funky Fur Dog Toys under "dog toys" or the wool dog bones or dog toys- They are both SUPER durable and dogs LOVE them. Let me know what you think!
Discount Luxury for BIG DOGS! www.TheVelvetS noot.com