Author Topic: Baby Maya's home!! *pic update*  (Read 6927 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Baby Maya's home!! *pic update*
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 03:57:24 am »
thanks everybody!  yeah, the boys are really shocked.  they're both like **a new toy!!!!!**  aiden told us this afternoon, that maya "broke her weiner."  courtesy of my mom ha ha, but he now believes it!

maya is super tiny!  we had to go out and buy new baby clothes b/c nothing i have fits her!  i have tons of newborn stuff, and it's all HUGE on her!  so we went out and bought some premi clothes and some of THOSE are too big!  but they work for now lol, at least now she's staying warm.  even the newborn "bag" outfits are so big that she wiggles out of the neck   ::)  we bought one outfit that's pink with flowers and has a bib that says "little sweetheart" on it with a kitten, then on the butt it has "hugs and kisses" it's so cute, i love it!  her coming home outfit was super cute too (that's a newborn size!) but she doesn't like it lol, it's more linen like than anything, so i guess i can't blame her, though.

right now we're on a two hour schedule.  it's crazy.  i haven't slept more than about an hour since sunday lol.  maya does look a lot like hubby, has his hair color.  she looks just like aiden did when he was born, too, though lol
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 11:30:01 am »
What a little cutie! She is so tiny!!! I was cursed (they are a blessing just not the size) with a 9 pound girl, and 9 1/2 pound boy. LOL I love her little pink dress...she looks like a princess. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 11:36:16 am »
WOW did you have to go thru that with the boys? I have two boys too and would love to have a girl but IM DONE!!  I went with a girl pup instead.  Your baby girl is beautiful congrats!!
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 12:13:17 pm »
Congratulation s she's a real princess. can't wait to see more pics. BTW I love her name.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 01:18:27 pm »
I was cursed (they are a blessing just not the size) with a 9 pound girl, and 9 1/2 pound boy.

OMG!!  i don't know how you did it!!  mine were 7lbs 8 oz, 6lbs 7oz and 6lbs 3oz!

WOW did you have to go thru that with the boys?

no, my boys were super easy as far as births are concerned.  this was my first induction and i'm DONE now! 

maya is so spoiled already  :-\  she thinks i'm the world's best paci and wants me all the time!  she's so adorable  ;D  i didn't think it could be SO different with a girl!!!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 01:39:36 pm »
I was cursed (they are a blessing just not the size) with a 9 pound girl, and 9 1/2 pound boy.

OMG!!  i don't know how you did it!!  mine were 7lbs 8 oz, 6lbs 7oz and 6lbs 3oz!

WOW did you have to go thru that with the boys?

no, my boys were super easy as far as births are concerned.  this was my first induction and i'm DONE now! 

maya is so spoiled already  :-\  she thinks i'm the world's best paci and wants me all the time!  she's so adorable  ;D  i didn't think it could be SO different with a girl!!!

Geez, my first and only induction was better than the other 2 regular ones, lol..too bad it couldn't have been for you. But I know the DONE feeling, I had that after my 2nd, boy did I..he was tough. Guess the feeling didn't last huh? :-X

So, I take it breastfeeding is going well? Dont you know you ARE the worlds best paci? Duh!! ;) I've never had a baby that tiny, I think I'd be afraid I'd break her lol.

I hope you get more sleep soon or it's gonna catch up with you and then you'll feel like you're in the twighlight zone, that's never a fun feeling. :D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 05:27:57 pm »
She is adorable - congratulation s!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 11:26:17 pm »
Awwww, Maya's such a beautiful baby and I love her name.  My oldest 2 boys are 2 yrs apart also and I remember our oldest just looking pretty bemused when his little brother arrived.  I think that the little ones don't quite "get" that it's really a baby growing in there until the baby is born.  Your boys are adorable little guys, too.  Congratulation s to all of you!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 01:00:25 am »
Congratulation s Steff!!! Soooooo glad you both are healthy and doing well. Maya is as beautiful as her name!  :)  Kepp those pics coming!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 10:22:25 pm »
i actually got sleep last night!  whoo hoo!  she was up at 10, 2, 5, and then 8.  then she slept until 11:45!  i was so relieved!  then i got to take a nap when hubby took the boys out to the park lol.  yes, that was hubby in the pic!  the boys still aren't sure about her.  aiden told me she "broke her weiner" lol.  he's quite confused about that! 

breast feeding is going great.  finally!  i had nurse zilla who woke me up every 30 minutes in the hosp to "wake her up and try to get her to eat."  maya just wasn't hungry that often!  now that we're home it's a lot better, though, as i can space her feedings out every 3-4 hours.  she kept gagging and choking, and i couldn't figure out why...  until i remembered that website about over producing lmao.  same scenario this time around, BUT after reading that site i know how to deal with it now!  it was SO helpful!  aiden came up to me today and blurted out "momma, maya wants da boob!"  i was SO embarrassed lol.  hubby thought it was funny, though.  i didn't realize aiden was so observant, because i cover up with a blanket or go in another area to feed her b/c i feel awkward whipping it out!

i had a lot easier time with my natural births than with the induction.  with my boys, i got to move around the whole time until the last minute.  with maya they wouldn't let me out of bed until the last minute.  i was so tired after 13 hours that i couldn't even stand up.  literally.  they had to catch me b/c i was so tired.  god has his ways of making you forget, though, you're right.  i guess that's b/c if we remembered everything about having babies there wouldn't be any more though!

anywho, i'm off to spend more time with maya (she's got me wrapped around her finger!) and i have to eventually mop, ugh.  anywho, i'll try to get on tomorrow if i can manage to yank myself away from her!

p.s.  thanks for all the compliments on her looks and her name!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 10:24:35 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 10:47:59 pm »
Maya is a cutie!  I'm glad that the delivery went well and that you are both doing great. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 10:56:51 pm »
a few more pics  ;D  my mom is holding her, i wasn't in a mood for pics of me lol
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 10:58:19 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 10:59:41 pm »
Awwwe Steff!! She is adorable!!! What a cutie patutie!

Although the pain sucked she looks like she is totally worth it! I can see why your wrapped around her itty bitty finger!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 11:00:04 pm »
She looks so tiny in some of those pics.  She's still a doll and I forgot to welcome Maya to BPO.  
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience