Author Topic: Kentucky and Derby got a new car!!!  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Kentucky and Derby got a new car!!!
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:48:52 am »
... and they let me drive it!!

Here's the story - about a month ago I wrecked Aaron's car. I still don't know what happened exactly, but it involved the shoulder of the highway, three caution signs and a ditch on the other side of the highway.

Anyway, since the car was fairly new, he got a good chunk o' change from the payout since it was totalled. So, since he loves me and because my car was starting to make really funny groaning and crunching noises, we decided to trade in my car and use the down payment for two cars.

Aaron got a brand new 2007 Nissan Sentra with all the bells and whistles and I got a used 2007 Dodge Caliber. I love it!! It's a great doggie car - it has a hatchback area (we always called it "the way back" growing up) with NO CARPET!! and the back seats and the front passenger seat fold flat so Kentucky and Derby can bring their friends along!

It drives really smooth, too - something about a new kind of transmission that shifts with belts and pullies so you don't feel it shift up and down like normal transmissions.

I highly recommend it if you are in the market for a new car to haul around the big furries.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

Re: Kentucky and Derby got a new car!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:56:47 am »
WHOOOOOH!

How fun! New cars RULE!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 03:04:55 pm »
The dogs haven't had the pleasure of a ride in the new car yet. It's been raining constantly here so they wouldn't be able to hang their heads out the window, anyway, but I can't wait to get some pictures of them in it and see how they react. It's got so much more space for them than my little Plymouth Neon!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:34:59 pm »
congrats on the new wheels y'all!