Author Topic: Treats??  (Read 3161 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Treats??
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:09:11 pm »
Hey guys, I need some treat ideas for Phelan's bedtime treat. He really only likes the dried liver (which are for training) and the "jerky" which are a little small for his bedtime treat. He likes chewy treats and really isn't big on any of the crunchy bone shaped treats (we've tried many). So if any of you have some easy to make natural recipes I would love to hear them....apples and bananas are a favorite. Thanks, Ann and Phelan.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Treats??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:27:45 pm »
Does he like string cheese? It's Lily's favorite!
I also use broiled liver or boiled beef heart  ;D and salami  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 11:28:45 am »
People food always works... like peanut butter, lunch meat, even veggies like carrots if you can get away with it.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:09:51 pm »
People food always works... like peanut butter, lunch meat, even veggies like carrots if you can get away with it.

Do you mean if I can get away FROM IT while she is spitting it at me? LMAO!!! I can see Lily doing it  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:30:32 pm »
Try Soft Banana Treats.  This seems easy enough to make and the ingredients look pretty basic.  I think I'll try this too.

Soft Banana Treats:
1 egg
1c fast-cook oats
1/2 banana
1/3c milk
1/2c all-purpose flour
1/8c rice

Squash bananas, and beat the egg. then spread evenly on a plate.
Next, heat in microwave for 3 and 1/2 minutes. when done, let them cool.
Then cut and serve.

Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:17:18 pm »
Peanut butter and cheese strings are also on the favorite list, PB is at the very top. He gets his kong when we leave for the day, I just wanted a little treat for him to take to bed because he is not a crate-loving pup. I will definately try the Banana treats. Thanks.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 04:23:33 pm »
I give Naja these tasty Glucosamine treats at night, they're chewy, and are made with peanut butter, or beef, or chicken.  Anyways, my point is, she loves them, and she knows as soon as I go for that baggie that it's bed time!  I'm at work right now, but when I get home later tonight I'll post the name brand of what I give her.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 03:25:26 am »
Zukes?? I stopped getting those when they stopped carrying the ones without gluc/chon...not that I'm against it just because they were a training treat and I didn't want to worry about doses...but yeah, I should get them for Bedtime treats. Thanks for reminding me.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 04:47:03 pm »
Zukes?? I stopped getting those when they stopped carrying the ones without gluc/chon...not that I'm against it just because they were a training treat and I didn't want to worry about doses...but yeah, I should get them for Bedtime treats. Thanks for reminding me.

What pet store do you go to, I don't know if you have a Pet Value in Brantford, but the one I go to on Huron/Highbury here in London only carried the ones with Glucose/Chondroitin (sp?).  Oh yeah, and it's Zukes sorry for not getting back to you, I haven't spent alot of time at home lately, I'm gone from the house usually from 6am till 9:45pm (work then school).
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 02:24:31 am »
I go to Global Pets (I actually live in Guelph) and they only carry the supplement ones now. The Ren's in town carries the normal one but only in the "little bite" size. I haven't been to Ren's in awhile so I may have to go check it out again.