Author Topic: My Cane Corso  (Read 2529 times)

Offline MaxsMommy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
My Cane Corso
« on: September 25, 2007, 09:31:16 pm »
He's 7 months old now & not neutered - yet.  I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to stop behaviors, such as pulling on a person's clothing, ripping things apart, chewing, jumping up and locking onto my hair - all after he's be told "leave it", NO, stop.  He just ignores me and does what he wants.  I'm about out of patience and ready to try to sell him.  He is registered and I have a 5 generation pedigree on him.  He's black with slight brindling.  Ears are clipped.  He can be very cute and funny.
I can't take much more of being attacked and knocked down,
neither can my 84 y.o. Mother.

I've had a trainer in and she hasn't seen the behaviors I've described because she's not here when he does them.
Usually, between 6 PM and 9PM he turns into a little monster.  I'm tired of fighting.

Help!  Somebody??

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: My Cane Corso
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:44:27 pm »
if you don't already, exercise is a BIG factor in dog behavior.  he may just be frustrated w/ all his extra energy.  try walking him at night when he's prone to this behavior.  also do you do other obedience consistently w/him?  it sounds like he's trying to play w/you, but in the wrong way.  did you teach him rules, boundaries and limitations as a young puppy?  he might have missed that if you got him as an older pup.  i would research the NILIF (nothing in life is free) program, do a search on here for info and stick to it like glue.  does he get play time during the day?  if he'll play fetch, it's great b/c it gets energy out and makes them think.  if you get rid of him, it'll make it more likely he'll get passed from house to house or possibly end up in a pound and p.t.s.  not many people are willing to work w/this behavior if they haven't bonded before it started.  if he meant to hurt you, he'd have done it by now (you didn't mention he had) so i think it's more just BIG puppy w/"little" puppy behavior.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:41:10 pm »
I agree, My pups play rough for awhile in the a.m. then are pretty calm durring the day. Then in the evening they have a huge energy burt. We live on 5 acres so they get to run it off and play. When it was just my Wolfhound, she would play for an hour or more. Now that she has her Dane sis, they wear each other out quicker. I would reccomend getting him out on a nice walk in the a.m. and then a set play time in your yard or at a park in the evening. If you get him on a bit of a schedule, he will know when it is time to play. You also need to set ground rules for him and be firm. Make sure your rules and disciplin are consistant.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:15:43 pm »
If he is a little monster from 6 p.m. till 9 .p.m. then he is just being a puppy. I have to agree with the above posts, it seems like he just need more action at this time of the evening.
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)