Author Topic: I just did the dumbest thing....  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
I just did the dumbest thing....
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:54 pm »
Ok, so I got home from work at about 5 or so, and I parked real quick because this lady was walking her HUGE Mastiff and I wanted to talk to her about him and pet him of course! Well, I was SO excited...that I locked my keys in the car...with it RUNNING! ::) I'm pretty sure I get way too excited about dogs....especi ally big ones. haha I think I'm the only person in the world to lock their keys in the car to go see a DOG!

I have the keys now! 70 dollars later...all because of a dog. :-\
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I just did the dumbest thing....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 11:28:51 pm »
hahahahahahaha, why that doesnt sound dumb at all! it sounds like something ive done though!.... ok yeah, prolly is dumb ::) :D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:33:25 pm »
LOL! Sounds like something I would do! Luckily I don't drive.  :D

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:56:02 am »
HAHA
I know for a fact I've done that before!  ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:08:17 am »
You need a GM vehicle with Onstar, I assume you've seen the commercials, they could use the entertainment.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:09:38 am »
hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only one :D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 09:40:38 am »
Ha-  lock my keys in the car way too often, and really do not have a good excuse like you did.

I do have a great story about this though. A friend that I was working with realized one afternoon that she couldnt find her keys at work, we looked every where. Well what had happened was that when she came back to work after lunch, she just got out of the car and walked into the building and forgot to turn off the car or lock the doors. It was cold that day and she had turned up the heater on full, so when she went to her car to see if the keys were in the car, she was in shock- it was running, then she opened the door and got hit with a blast of hot air. To top it off she had almost run it out of gas.

So you see, she didnt even have the excuse of a big dog, just work.

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 12:37:20 pm »
Oh Gawd, that sounds so much like me!!  I almost got run over in Amsterdam while hurrying across the street to pet someone's dog! (Hey...we were on vacation in Europe for 10 days and I missed my critters...I needed to pet a dog! LOL!)

Did you tell the key guy how you locked yours in the car??  Did he laugh?
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 03:04:40 pm »
Awww, all for the love of big dogs!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 12:10:35 am »
Hey, I've done it,too...keys in car, car running, Ali going off to...pet a dog? Nope. Go to work? Nope. Pick up chinese take out. Yeah, that's the one. So I had to borrow the phone at the chinese joint (this was before the days that every one and their child had a cell phone) to call a lock guy. Then I had to pay the lock guy with the only cash I had, which wasn't really enough to cover the key situation, but he had to take it and be happy because what else was he going to do? THEN I found out that the chinese place didn't take debit cards, and since I had given all my cash to the lock guy I couldn't get my food!! :'( Oh, and did I mention that while I was standing by as the guy rescued my keys, I happened to be standing on top of a fire ant mound? Yes, so my foot and leg were covered with red, itchy, painful, swollen ant bites, I had no cash, and I was hungry and MAD.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 01:00:59 am »
Hey, I've done it,too...keys in car, car running, Ali going off to...pet a dog? Nope. Go to work? Nope. Pick up chinese take out. Yeah, that's the one. So I had to borrow the phone at the chinese joint (this was before the days that every one and their child had a cell phone) to call a lock guy. Then I had to pay the lock guy with the only cash I had, which wasn't really enough to cover the key situation, but he had to take it and be happy because what else was he going to do? THEN I found out that the chinese place didn't take debit cards, and since I had given all my cash to the lock guy I couldn't get my food!! :'( Oh, and did I mention that while I was standing by as the guy rescued my keys, I happened to be standing on top of a fire ant mound? Yes, so my foot and leg were covered with red, itchy, painful, swollen ant bites, I had no cash, and I was hungry and MAD.

Oh boy. That's definitely bad. I would have been MAD too. You go to get chinese food and instead you spend money to get your keys out of your running car which could've been prevented in the first place...and then...you leave without chinese food =( What were they going to do with it? Throw it away probably...the y should've cut you a break and given it to you for free since you had already had such a hard time!!hahaha

And for those of you wondering....I did not tell the lock guy what CAUSED me to lock my keys in the car. I felt dumb enough..... Plus it was around the time everyone was getting home from work and everyone was WATCHING outside (as we live downtown). It was super. ;D.... ::)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:43:26 am »
I lock my keys in my van on a regular basis. One of the last times was when my daughter and I went to training with Merri and Annie. She took out Merri and without even thinking I automatically puished the door locks and left the keys in the ignition. I went to get Annie out the back and sure enough she was lockid in. I called the taxi company to come unlock the van and whiles I was waiting Aniie ate all my seat belts for the 3re time. Needless to say I carry an extra set with me now.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 10:31:17 am »
I am always good for locking my keys in the car.  and nobody can get the darn doors open except our firend Hauns.  Jeff makes me call him every time now so Hauns can tease me.

I was Christmas shopping one year while babysitting my 4 month old niece.  Can anyone see where this is going yet?  Anyway, I shut the car off, take the keys out of the ignition, got out of the car, locked the doors and for reasons I still can't explain, threw the keys on the seat and closed the door.  Then instant panic when what I had done suddenly hit me.  It's freezing, a 4 month old baby locked in the car and NO ONE to call for help.  My entire family was out shopping that day.  I burst into tears and ran into the store.  They called the police who were able to get the car open.  Baby slept through the whole thing and the cops gave me a good lecture about how I shouldn't keep a spare key in my purse which was locked in the car!

I never did tell my sister and thank God the cops didn't call child services and report my stupidity!!

~ Steph
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 10:37:27 am »
Locking a baby in...now THAT is something to panic about! Especially someone else's baby!!!!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 04:08:47 pm »
Locking a baby in...now THAT is something to panic about! Especially someone else's baby!!!!!

It was many years ago and my sister would be ok if I told her...but she's pregnant now and I'm afraid if I tell her,  she won't let me babysit the new baby or my 2-yr old nephew!!  LOL!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer