Author Topic: Napping with your dogs...great stress reliever!  (Read 6010 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Napping with your dogs...great stress reliever!
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:42:58 pm »
This has been one of my greatest 'discoveries', haha.  I don't often take naps....but occasionally I treat myself to one...with my dogs.  I love to lie there and listen to them snore.  Funny, because my husband's snoring annoys the **** out of me, lol....but my dogs snoring is soothing.  I've even been known to put a blanket on the floor and let them all pile around me.  It is the most comforting, safe, relaxing feeling....fal ling asleep surrounded by creatures who love you unconditionall y.  Okay, that probably makes me a weirdo, lol...but it really is great.  I highly recommend it next time you are having a tough day!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Napping with your dogs...great stress reliever!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 05:59:48 pm »
It's not weird at all, I do it all the time.  :) even just lie on the floor with them while I watch TV.  So if that makes you a weirdo, then, well join the club, we've got quite a few members.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:05:30 pm »
well I am am a member of that club too ;). I love having a nap with all 3 placed  around me. It gets a little crowded but its the best feeling in the world--except when someone drools in thier sleep.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:12:07 pm »
Not weird at all!  It's one of the many wonderful things about living with our furry babies.   ;)  ;D  

One of our sons has taken to sleeping on a camping mat on his bedroom floor so that Cassie can sleep right beside him.  We'd let her sleep on his bed, no problem, but she prefers the floor  ;D ::) so our son just decided to join her.  It's really cute but if it keeps up we may just put his mattress on the floor, so that it's better for him, too.  Cassie is a incredible snuggle bug and she loves to climb into our laps and nap.  It's very relaxing and she makes us very sleepy, too.  Thank goodness my little cuddle bear is a tiny mostly-pyr at about 75#.   ;)  ;D  
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:03:34 am »
Yeah, I'd have to be in that club, too! ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline melissajean

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 02:03:08 am »
lol That dosent make you weird. I dont have a BP to cuddle with, but I often think of how nice it would be if I did right before I go to sleep lol Now THATS weird lol
~Melissa~

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 03:00:47 am »
Not a weirdo at all!!

I have not slept dog less for over 26 years:) Wouldn't have it any other way. I find my occasional afternoon nap wonderful when May gets in a little ball and puts her head on the back of my knee...its an instant relaxer for me. Now if my husband wanted to sleep with his head on my knee I think I might boot him from the bed...lol.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:36:16 am »
Too funny!!!  Do any of you notice when you get a young one and the first time they snuggle with you??  Issy did it with me the other day, I was sitting on the couch and she got up on the couch with me, usually she would just sit there for a minute, but this time she got as close to me as possible and fell asleep!!  I was so excited!!  So no, you are not weird at all!!  .....booting the husband out of bed, now that's funny!!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 02:05:24 pm »
Hmm...my dogs don't nap with me. :( They get too hot! They prefer to be all stretched out on the kitchen tiles.

But, when I used to have Bo, my pitty/bully X, he was a SUPREME cuddler. He slept with me (or my daughter) every night. He was an awesome napper.

Oh, well. Guess I'm going to have to get a short-haired cuddle bug next!

Oh, and Michelle?! I think you're lying! There is NO WAY that Rosie and Farley nap! NO WAY!

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 03:54:26 pm »
Butter's favorate place to take a nap is one of the sofa(larger one) in the basement. I sometimes sits in the sofat with Butter napping at my side watching TV.  After a while I would also doze off...

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 04:11:07 pm »
except when someone drools in thier sleep.

Oops...sorry.  I'll try not to do that anymore...   LOL!

Saying your weird for napping with your dogs is a sure fire sign that you still new to BPO!!  LOL!

Sierra isn't allowed on furniture or in the bedrooms so napping is done on the floor.  She also prefers the cool tile, so sometimes I'll lay out a blanket so I can stay warm and strech out next to her.  Just hearing her let out that contented sigh and getting a quick kiss from her when I cuddle up to her makes me love her even more than I already do.  If that's even possible.

~ Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:16:53 pm »
Dog arranging is an important part of getting ready for bed. 
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 09:02:37 am »
Love this topic. During the week the husband is not home- so its me and at least 3 dogs on the bed. Bailey, Zoey and Bella and lately Tuggles is trying to find a spot. The Danes claim a couch or the dog pillow on the floor beside my bed.
Sunday while watching the Cowboys play, I was laying on the couch and Annie managed to get on the couch and then lay on me and fall asleep.
Why pay a therapist an hourly rate, I have all of the stress reducers that I could ever need.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 10:11:42 pm »
I Love!Love!Love! sleeping with my boys!!!!  Here's a pic of me lounging with our 'ol boy, Berkley.  You're right--It's the best therapy ever!

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 12:27:11 pm »
Snuggling with the pups is a family affair at my house.  The kids love napping with their furry brothers as much as the husband and I do!