Author Topic: Cirra went to Camp Buster last weekend.  (Read 1919 times)

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Cirra went to Camp Buster last weekend.
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:57:06 pm »
The camp is a fundraiser for the Susan Curtis Foundation which provides a summer camp experience for disadvantaged children in Maine.  The camp is in Western Maine in the White Mountains.  We participated in the Wine and Bone Reception, Ice breaker Fun Class, Barks and Crafts, Costume Contest, Animal Communicator visits???, hiking around Trout Pond and mountain climbing.  Cirra made two paw print tiles and a poster suitable for framing.  One of the tiles we brought home and the other will stay at Camp Buster to be put on the wall with all of the other paw print tiles.  Cirra received an award for Biggest Presence.  We had a great time!!!  And they even had lavender bandanas.  Here are some pictures.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Cirra went to Camp Buster last weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 01:17:38 am »
Cirra is such a well traveled lady!  I bet that she was in her element with the children and I'm sure that she was very, very popular!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Cirra went to Camp Buster last weekend.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:23:23 am »
The camp was for adults and their dogs as a fundraiser for children to be able to attend this camp in the summer.   The instructors for the different classes such as, agility, rally, Canine Good Citizen testing, etc donated their time.  I don't know how successful it is finacially however it was a lot of fun.  The idea may provide fundraising ideas for groups in other areas.