Author Topic: new maya pics 15 days old  (Read 4629 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
new maya pics 15 days old
« on: October 01, 2007, 02:12:36 pm »
here's a few updated pics of maya, at 15 days old. i'll try to get more pics later, i bought batteries for my cam (kodak rechargeable FOR my camera) and they crapped out after these pics.  after a full nights charge.  anywho, enjoy.  she's gotten huge, the last pic is one when she first came home :)  we'll go to the dr tomorrow and find out how much she weighs.

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3309/maya5ph0.jpg[/img]

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6130/maya4uy1.jpg[/img]

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2764/maya3ii1.jpg[/img]

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6294/maya2zs9.jpg[/img]
Shot at 2007-10-02

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5622/maya1px8.jpg[/img]
Shot at 2007-10-02

coming home dress, just out the hospital (for size reference with the other one in her toy)

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3548/maya2eu7.jpg[/img]
Shot at 2007-09-19
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 02:20:58 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: new maya pics 15 days old
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 02:37:30 pm »
Awwwwww, pretty baby.  How is she sleeping for you?

she typically eats at 10pm, sleeps until 3 or 4am and then sleeps until about 8am again.  we've been super lucky!  she's up a good few hours during the day and is holding her head up already.  she's a little trooper!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:57:08 pm »
Gosh she is just the cutest litle girl. Wow she sure is growing.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 08:07:16 pm »
I just love how they put everything they have got into a yawn. She looks so bright and alert ~ cutie.

Glad to hear she is sleeping so well for you ~ that always makes things 10 times better.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:53:58 pm »
thanks for all the compliments!  maya has gotten super big!  at least to me she has lol.  she is really bright eyed when she's awake.  she can see things a little further away now, so she's interested in everything!  whenever she isn't looking around, though, she has such a disinterested look on her face haha.  she also doesn't like guys.  hubby can't hold her for more than a few minutes.  she just won't have it, because he lacks a certain body feature ha ha.  whenever i take her back from him, she sighs and lets everyone know she's happy now.  even hubby noticed, which was a little upsetting to him, but hilarious to me (mean, i know, but it is funny).  all her clothes say "mommy's girl" or "mommy's angel" etc.  they're all too fitting for her.  she even has a special pacifier.  a normal one just won't do.  we had to go out and find a special shaped one (more natural shaped), which she takes sometimes, but she would much rather have my pinky finger  ::)  she's so rotten, but it's too cute.  she even sighs in her sleep (when she's not snoring baby Z's that is).  she's got such a personality, even being so little!  i swear her eyes tell all, you can tell when she's happy, bored, etc.  they're so expressive!  and yes, she does put it ALL into her yawns!  she spends most of her day practicing them lmao
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:05:31 pm »
She is adorable! What a doll!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:09:02 pm »
Oh my lord, she's beautiful!  15 days old!  HOW FUN!

congrats on the baby!!!!!

cute coming home dress!!!!!!!!!

nickers
NICKI

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 10:28:00 pm »
cute coming home dress!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

we're FINALLY out of preemie clothes, as of last night *dances* i loved buying teenie tiny clothes, but at the same time i'm so glad i can use all the cute things i have that are newborn clothes lol (still not in 0-3 month). 

i'm so relieved she's doing so well.  those of you who know me a little better know my two boys suffered from acid reflux horribly.  they wouldn't gain weight (both were underweight until they got off formula then they quickly picked it up!), were fussy all the time, collicy, etc.  it was so bad that they were on medication for it for their first 6 months, aiden i think was a little longer than that.  it was so awful.  maya, thankfully, doesn't have it!  i'm a firm believer now that it's just a reaction to formula in general.  something in it.  it has to be, because within a week of being on whole milk both boys cleared 100% up.  maya has been breastfed and has never started with the puking EXCEPT when the hospital suggested i supplement her with formula.  she barfed it all up within just a few minutes, and screamed so loudly it made me tear up. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:32:49 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 12:30:25 pm »
My Lord she's beautiful!!!  When I was a baby, a very long time ago, my mother had to have a formula shipped to her.  Back then you didn't have all the ones of today!!  I was allergic to a TON of things, and I believe soy was one of them which of course was in all the formula products!!  I apparently wasn't a happy baby!!  I'm glad she's doing so well, and already sleeping so good for you.  Tell hubby not to worry she'll be daddy's girl in no time!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:24:42 pm »
She is absolutely beautiful! Tell hubby not to worry and hang in there. My daughter would not let her dad hold her at all from the day she came home from the hospital. She wouldn't even take a bottle from him. Now at almost 2 she is daddy's little girl. Is always asking about daddy, and wanting to be with him. It might seem "funny" although mean that she doesn't like her daddy right now, but it got hard and frustrating for me. I did foster care and when my daughter was born had 5 kids! It killed me that my husband couldn't even hold the baby or watch her so I could take a shower. How do you like her baby seat that shes in? My mom got me one for my birthday and just 2 days after I got it my foster baby left and I haven't done foster care since so I've never really gotten to use it. I wanted it so bad for my last foster baby. Just got it to late. Hopefully I'll get to use is again soon. Enjoy her shes precious
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 01:47:28 pm »
i know how it can get frustrating lol.  maya is my velcro baby and wants me 24/7 and hubby 0/7 lol.  she's too cute to say no to though *slaps my own hand for not being able to resist saying yes* lol.

i love the toy, but it rarely gets used  :-\  maya doesn't like it as much as she likes being held, so she just sleeps in it when i get a shower, etc (when i can sneak her into it lol)

as for formula, we tried most every type on the market, too.  it was so awful.  maybe it was the soy in them, i don't know, but it must have been something all of them had.  sure would be nice to know what!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 12:14:29 pm »
Aww, I was hoping to find new pics of her on here. She IS growing super fast, it's really sad/exciting. She was so small to start out, it's nice she will probably get more use out of all her stuff. Even my kids being in the 7 range at birth, were just smaller kids and luckily were able to wear those clothes for much longer than all the other babies I knew at that age. I felt blessed and my wallet was grateful too! haha. I'm REALLY hoping this baby is in the same range..I'd really rather not go over 8lbs lol. I want him little because they once they are out, it just doesn't slow down. But he feels large and I am just huge.. strangers think I should be due NOW. He's got 2 more months of growth! :-X

I'm really glad to hear she's sleeping that well for you, that is definitely something. Not feeling like you're going out of your mind from lack of sleep helps like nothing else in those early days. Can't wait to hear how she's gained! Glad the nursing is going well and that she doesn't have the problem the boys had..that would be awful! Elsha actually had reflux as a tiny baby..she's my only one that did. She started throwing up after almost every feeding, but because her weight gain didn't show it- the Dr. wasn't concerned and just said she'd outgrow it, which she did. No fun for her though!

Keep the pics coming! Oh and I 2nd the Daddy's girl thing..it will come in time. All my kids have been Momma's girls and Momma's boy. Elsha wanted nothing to do with Chris for the longest either, and in fact she just said Daddy for the very first time yesterday, without being prompted to. She's really coming around to him and loves him now... but it took 17 months! lol