Author Topic: Funny story  (Read 2332 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Funny story
« on: September 30, 2007, 11:56:58 am »
We took Miss Lily camping for the first time last Friday. It was an awesome trip!!! We stayed at the gorgeous state park around a wonderful lake. Lily loved it there!  She was in her element...gril led hot dogs, people to guard, and plenty of fresh cold air.

Anyways, two girls were walking by our camp site. They stopped and looked unsure. Then they asked if they can come and pet Lily. After we OK'd they were all over her and one of the girls said "She looks like a Polar Bear!!! You know, if a real polar bear would walk by he would say "Hi there!"  Then she said "I told my dad that there is a polar bear at the camp grounds and he said that first of all, it is illegal, and secondly, why would someone bring a polar bear to the park?"

It was hilarious  the way they talked about it!!!  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Funny story
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 07:04:28 pm »
LOL  ;D  I love to hear other people's "bear" sighting stories.  We've been hearing the "polar bear" one for years with our dogs, especially Sammy b/c he has a particular way of walking that makes him really look like a bear.  It's cute.  I bet that Miss Lily made lots of new friends this weekend!  I wish that we had more of the *canine* type bears around here, they're easier to pet than real black bears.   ;D  :o  :P
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Funny story
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:22:25 pm »
And what a cute cuddly polar bear she is too  ;D

I used to have people freak out when I was walking my old dog Jasper.  They always thought he was a wolf.  It made great protection when I went for late night walks.  But, of course, they weren't too far off base, he was 1/8th wolf, and my sister's dog Magnum was 1/4 wolf (he was Jasper's uncle).
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids