Author Topic: NDR-- I AM NO LONGER 5501...GRRR  (Read 2363 times)

bigdogs@5501

NDR-- I AM NO LONGER 5501...GRRR
« on: October 09, 2007, 06:11:39 pm »
I have lived in my house for almost 3 years now- I am the only one who has ever lived on this property. I just opened the mail and have been informed by the 911 commision that I have was given the wrong address and now have to change to 5531. I dont want to change- I like 5501. How can they do this to me and do they have any idea what this means- how many people I have to contact etc... I AM NOT HAPPY, I dont want to be 5531 as my property number.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: NDR-- I AM NO LONGER 5501...GRRR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:22:00 pm »
In the last place I lived they changed my address 3 times in 5 years. What a pain, you have to order new checks and notify all your bills and friends. >:(
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 06:49:13 pm »
I agree with Holly...I think I would try to fight it...What the heck does it matter anyway????

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 06:02:20 am »
ahem.

If I may. I hate to challenge Holly, the goddess of all that is correct...

However. There may be a very good reason for them to have to change your address, and I'd like to propose a very possible one. Many communities are geo-referencing addresses into a data base that is linked to a map. This allows emergency services to access your house using GPS, which can literally be a life-saver if something happens to you or your family. I'd ask if this is the reason before you go down there, guns a-blazin'.

Sorry Holly.

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 06:16:46 am »
They're georeferenced. Its just how it is, Holly. Its how the GPS is set up.

Settle down, ya rabble rouser.

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 06:21:27 am »
I have a minor in Geography. :)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 02:22:54 pm »
I'm with ya Holly!!!!  Nicole, school me...what does georeferencing have to do with whether it's a 0 or a 3??  If it's the whole 0 and 1 (computer stuff) thing then wouldn't everybody who had a 0 or a 1 in their address have to change it??  :D :D
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 04:15:44 pm »
ok this is not working so well. I argued, begged, threatened to cry and said that all in all it just isnt working for me- I could have been talking to a brick wall. So she does bring up the GPS thing- but guess what, you do the GPS thing and enter my address and it shows me where I am at now. There is not another 5501, ok so I want to keep it- She says no ( grrrrr) So then she says well what if you have a fire and I explain I am across the street (well kinda) from the fire dept and that 2 of the 16 members on the fire department live here- and those who dont live here know who we are and god forbid if it was on fire all they have to do is look in our direction and they will see the fire. So then she said what about the sheriffs dept- What about it- unfortunately I have had to call them out 2 times in the past and they found me - no prob. I also explained that I am the only one for over a mile on this street who has clearly posted thier address for all to see. She said well you only have to change one number. OK OK- how about changing the drivers license, she says to take the letter down and we wont be charged- Yea well who is going to stand in the line for me. GGGGRRRR
It is the county who gave me the address, well as usual the person who gave me the number no longer works for the county. Also we know have to have the title to the property changed.
I am calling again tomorrow. Maybe I will have everyone address me at 5531 formerly 5501.

This is really irritating me.