Author Topic: Ununited Anconeal Process  (Read 2713 times)

Offline NEWF4U

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Ununited Anconeal Process
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:58:56 pm »
Hi, recently my 5 month old male German Shepherd, Nash, has been diagnosed with Ununited Anconeal Process.  I am seeking advice on this topic, has anyone gone through this with their dogs?  What type of surgery have you opted for and what was the outcome.  I have heard of one surgery where the Anconeal process is removed which leads to unstability in the joint...anothe r procedure is an Ulnar Osteotomy where a piece of the Ulna is removed which will hopefully allow for the anconeal process to unite, allowing for more stability in the longterm.  Any advise on this condition would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance. 

Jennifer

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ununited Anconeal Process
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:30:36 pm »
How was it diagnosed?  What have been the symptoms?  I am not familiar with it, I'm just curious.  When Navarre was a pup he had quite a bit of lameness in one of his front legs from time to time but he grew out of it.  At first I just remember the vet telling me about three different things that it could be!!  If surgery turns out to be the only option I would opt for the more stable outcome especially with all the other joint issues that can come up!  Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited to add that I googled it and the first page listed was a lady's first hand account and then some other good pages/articles also followed!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:36:05 pm by navarre1316 »
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline NEWF4U

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Ununited Anconeal Process
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 01:49:14 pm »
The diagnosis was made after Xrays were taken.  His symptoms were limping and soreness in his leg.  I too have done lots of google searches.  Just wondered if there was anyone on here who have been through it personally.