Akitas > Akita Discussions

Akita Mix?

(1/3) > >>

cwarner:
Hi,  about 4 months ago we adopted what we were told is an Akita/Bullmastiff mix.  There is obviously Akita, but i'm not so sure about the mastiff.  Here are a few pictures and what do you guys think his mix could be?  He turns 1 this month so i'm guessing he'll start to fill out soon.

Pyr Heaven:
I agree...his jowls, neck, and shape of his snout would all make me think mastiff. His tail and fur would make me think akita. Although I do see some shepherd in their with that coloring. I'm also not all that good a guessing mix breed but....if it was me, that's my guess!

Nicole:
Well, of course I see German Shepherd, too. I think that there's definitely some GSD in there based on his ears and coat. Both color and texture. (As much as you can tell texture from a photo..hahaha!)

But, his mask and schnozz do look kinda bigger, like perhaps a mastiff. But, I've also seen some kind of jowly labs, and there could even be some bloodhound there.

Mixes are just too mysterious. Something that seems for SURE a trait of one dog, could really be a trait of another breed that looks a particular way in relation to the traits of all the others! hahaha! He's adorable, and if I absolutely HAD to say, I would say Akita and GSD for sure, and probably either some bloodhound or maybe bullmastiff.

People Whisperer:

--- Quote from: Julie on October 11, 2007, 06:57:55 am ---I only really see Shepherd and Akita. i don't really see any Mastiff. He is GORGEOUS!

--- End quote ---

Me too  :)

schelmischekitty:
i've seen pure akita's with similar coloring, and masks are common of akitas.  axle has big jowls, and a huge neck, too, and he's pure...  there's definately a mix in there somewhere though i don't know what it would be.  axle didn't start filling out until about 18 months, but it wasn't a big change until after he was 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version