Author Topic: I'm an AUNT x 2 !! Sort of long....  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
I'm an AUNT x 2 !! Sort of long....
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:28:03 pm »
For real... 

So both my older brother and younger brothers wives became pregnant about a month apart.  This is of course extremely exciting for the family as these two babies will be the first babies for both sets of parents. 

Well, since my older brothers wife became overdue the doctors schedule to induce baby Allen on October 3.  That of course would be the same day that I scheduled Gracie's spay.. Nice.. No problem as I can drop the princess off at the vet and go meet my nephew, sing happy birthday and congratulate the new parents, and then pick the princess up on the way home with my heart just full of joy and that alone would make Gracie feel good.  That was the plan anyway.

It ended up more like this....

We wake up to take Gracie to the vet only to find out the car had been broken into.  Fortunately for us they did not steal anything as we know better than to leave valuables in the car and THANK HEAVENS they did not break the window.  They pushed it down actually.  Weird.  Well, they took tools out of the trunk but they may have been worth about $10.  Boooo. 

Then we take the princess in and according the vet staff she was just perfect other than the fact that one of the nurses threw her back out trying to lift my delicate flower of a dog onto the table.  Gracie did seem to feel bad about that but of course she moved on.  Big sigh there too.

So, we are now at the hospital and waiting for the arrival of Baby Allen.  He totally takes his time and it wouldn't be long before the vet calls to let us know that Gracie was out of surgery, doing well and can go home.  Well we are about 20 minutes from the vet and from there another 20 minutes from our house and it was about 4 pm.  We pick her up, take her home and soon to be GRANDMOTHER calls to let us know Allen is making his debut... 

We race back to the hospital that is in an entirely different city (Sugar Land) and meet Mr Daniel Allen Holland (he'll go by Allen). 

It was about that time I overheard the family discussing my father and that he was fine and in the ER.. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

I asked my mom what was wrong with my Dad and WHY WAS HE IN THE ER?!?!?!  The answer was that apparently he decided to have a heart attack on my nephews birthday.  Nice job Dad.  So I race to the ER still a blubbering mess from the happy tears of meeting Baby Allen and now I'm crying as I'm flipped out thinking my dad was on the brink of death in some ER Room. 

Okay, this is where I took a deep breath and readied myself for what I was about to see.  Get this...  My dad was in a bed, hooked up to every box that bleeped and beeped along with a very becoming clear oxygen tub across his top lip and just cussing up a storm.  He was so angry that he was there and had not met his grandson yet that my two brothers were doing what they could to calm the old man down.  Even the nurse gave him a pink beany baby bunny as a peace offering.  Notice it in the pictures below now in baby Allen's crib. 

So, the actual story was that Dad had severe gas though his EKG indicated that some time in the past he had experienced mile heart failure so now he's shopping for a cardiologist (his words)... 

Well, I'm obviously in emotional overdrive at this point and then I hear my other brother and his pregnant wife discussing her contractions (she's had a bit of a difficult pregnancy and should have been on bed rest though she wasn't going to miss Allen's birthday either.  Another deep breath I took and calmly explained that I'll take care of the bed's and roll a third one into the new mom's room between her and my Dad.  They both explained that it was okay.  Thank goodness because I'm truly not sure if I would have been able to take that one.  So many emotions in such a short time was proving to be a bit difficult for me. 

Well, Baby number two though did not take long.  Miss Peyton Elizabeth Holland was born the following Monday.  I'm so happy that I literally have been a blubbering idiot since October 3rd when my baby dog had surgery, my nephew was born, my dad had a "heart attack" and now my niece....  What a past couple of weeks....  Pictures to follow..  I'd like to introduce to you my handsome nephew and my beautiful niece.  And if you read to this point, thanks for sticking it out and making it this far..  lol...   :D :D

Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I'm an AUNT x 2 !! Sort of long....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:41:41 pm »
Oh Aunt Misty! That sounded like a couple days from h*ll but with a very good ending  :) Congratulation s on a family addition  :-*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:42:23 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:42:43 pm »
You've definitely been busy!! Congrats on all the new arrivals & i hope your dad and pup are recovering well ;D

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:20 pm »
BUWAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAH!

Sorry, that is just too funny about your dad having severe gas. Whooh boy.

Congrats on being an auntie times 2!!! That is so awesome!!!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 12:58:24 pm »
wow talk about a familty affair at the hospital. Congrats on the beautful babies. Hope your dad is ok and shops for his cardio doc soon.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:34:11 pm »
BUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

yeah, no kidding.  I could have pulled is finger and saved him about $300 in co-pays.. 
Misty slave to:
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:37:12 pm »
Hey thanks everyone.  The picture of Aeryk, Allen, me and Peyton were taken yesterday.  It was the first time they met one another and it was a taste of what it's going to be like now.  It's unbelievable that the family is growing.  My Dad is doing well and more embarrassed than anything.  Poor guy.  Thank you all again for the well wishes. 
Misty slave to:

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 02:16:51 pm »
omg!  how exciting!  that wore me out just reading it!  i bet you slept good the week after all that lol.  the babies are GORGEOUS!  i love them both!  and what a story to tell them about what happened when they were born!  i'm glad to hear your dad is ok, too!  i'm so happy they caught this now before it was any worst!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 02:29:59 pm »
Awe~!  Auntie~!  Congratulation s and glad everyone is OK.
 :)
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 04:41:29 pm »
Talk about an exciting week!  I'm glad that your dad is fine and the babies are adorable.  I can't leave out the princess - glad that she is doing well also.  I hope her vet tech is feeling better soon too.  :D 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 01:37:36 am »
BUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

yeah, no kidding.  I could have pulled is finger and saved him about $300 in co-pays.. 

Ha, ha!  :D  Maybe your dad's gas pain was sympathy pains for the mom's in labor.  ;)  I'm glad that everything is ok now for humans & pups alike.  Congrats on the little ones, Auntie!  They are adorable! 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees