Author Topic: Good news about Mabel and me, too!  (Read 6635 times)

Nicole

Good news about Mabel and me, too!
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:20:36 am »
Well, as some of you know, Mabel hasn't been doing too awesome.

She's got lymphoma and has been undergoing treatment. Its the Purdue protocol of vincristine injections once a week for 6 weeks, daily prednisone, and Cytoxan. Well, we couldn't find the Cytoxan, so the doctor had her on something else...methotr exate. She did NOT do well on it. As a matter of fact, one night, I thought we were going to lose her by morning.

Anyway, we got her off the Methotrexate and onto the Cytoxan, and now she's doing very well! Last night, Doc Reed said that her lumps are going down very nicely, some of them he can't even feel anymore. She looks mostly normal again, instead of like some big puffer fish face dog. (her neck and face were super puffy)

She's up and about again and eating very well. She seems to be regaining energy. I'm so glad!!!

AND! I'm going to my first midwife appointment this afternoon! I'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Good news about Mabel and me, too!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:40:15 am »
awwww..  BIG FAT YAY FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm super glad to hear Miss Mabel is feeling better.  I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts.  As for you!!!  How exciting to hear the baby's little heart beat.  What a gift that is.  I'm so excited for you and your crew.  Be well.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:46:06 am »
It is so nice to hear that Ms. Mabel is doing so much better!!! ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy the heartbeat  :-* It is so amazing  :D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:49:44 pm »
Such excellent news about Mabel and you too, Cole! I am so thrilled for you both!

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 08:58:13 pm »
That's awesome news that the big girl is getting some spunk back  :)hope she continues to do well on the meds.

Hearing the heatbeat is the best....hearin g two would be even better... heeheehee just kidding  ;D don't forget to ask what # bpm it is, I wrote everything down, it was fun to keep track of everything going on
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 09:38:59 pm »
That is wonderful news..  Sending positive thoughts for a complete recovery,
jeri

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:03:47 pm »
Oh YAY, what wonderful news about Mabel, the sweet girl  ;) So glad to hear this new medication is agreeing better with her!!! ;D

And YAY for you...how was it? I'm so excited for you...I LOVE hearing fun stuff about babies-to-come!!! ;D ;D ;D

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 07:48:21 am »
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOH!!!!!

Ok! So, I heard the baby's heart beat last night! Molly and I both did! IT WAS AWESOME AND INCREDIBLE!

It was 170 bpm! That was really seriously freaking awesome.

And Miss Mabel is definitely getting some spunk back. At the sound of her food going into her dish this morning, she padded into the kitchen, ears all perked up, and SNARFED it down. Then, she threw a temper tantrum and wouldn't go outside. She rolled over, stuck her legs in the air, and generally ran away from me. She's getting spoiled now!!! hahaha!

I'm so glad she's feeling better, if not a little saucy!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 07:52:17 am »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE that's so exciting.  How cool too that Molly was a part of that experience.  Miss Mabel is for sure saucy and I love to hear it.  I'm super excited for you all.
Misty slave to:
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:32 am »
WooHoo!!!  I'm so glad Ms. Mabel is feeling better.  Good news for all, makes for a great day!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

dohertyswissy

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:53:23 pm »
Awwwwww YEAH!!!!  Woohoo for Mabel and WOOHOO for that baby's heartbeat.  How AWESOME is that???  So happy for you honey!!  :-*

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 03:20:48 pm »
So, as we were going out to the car today to go to the vet, Mabel CHASED A SQUIRREL!!!!!!!

And then, after the vet was over, while I was paying, she jumped up on me!!!! JUMPED UP!

She's doing so much better!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 05:09:30 pm »
That is double great news - Too cool and I am so happy that Mabel is feeling better!!!!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 08:58:50 am »
hahaha.  I'm so glad to hear that.  Sorry for the squirrel but I'm sure he had it coming.  Keep getting better Miss Mabel.  I sure do like hearing the good reports.
Misty slave to:

Anakalia

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 10:37:06 am »
YAY!!! I'm so glad Mabel's feeling better.  And hearing babies heartbeat for the first time is AMAZING!  I'm so happy for you.  ;D