Author Topic: Ridgeback mixed with what?  (Read 2534 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Ridgeback mixed with what?
« on: August 03, 2005, 05:04:06 pm »
I also posted this to the Ridgeback board but it isn't very active so I am posting to the general board too.

My friend who is a member here but isn't active yet asked if I would post these pics of her dog Zeus...They found him starving & wandering the streets in the town she lives in & brought him home...That was about a year & 1/2 ago & she says he is the best dog!...He is so good with her kids & they all just love him!...She had no idea what he was when they first found him & because he was so muscular they thought he might have been a Pit mix but then decided he was probably a Ridgeback mix...What do you all think?...Ridgeback? & mixed with what?...Ty in advance!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
Re: Ridgeback mixed with what?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 05:31:34 am »
could be shepard,,,,,, or  you might never know  great save  love the photo

how big is he?  then can get a better clue
does he have the ridge?
he might be a pure rr without thr ridge,,, it happens, but the head looks colored different.
he has a "hood"
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:46:21 am »
Ty for your reply!..He is 100 lbs. & a young dog still...I think he was under 1 yr. when they found him or he found them really...follo wed them all over downtown that day until they took him home...lol...& no, he doesn't have the ridge.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 10:45:17 pm »
If he is a ridgeback mix, I would guess he is mixed with boxer.  The markings and being extra muscular would point in that direction.