Author Topic: NDR - Allergy/Sinus Relief Ideas??  (Read 1384 times)

dohertyswissy

NDR - Allergy/Sinus Relief Ideas??
« on: October 16, 2007, 12:49:12 pm »
For those of you not familiar with Fall in NC, it goes a little something like this...80 degrees during the day, 50 degrees at night.  While I do love fall, my sinuses do not.  In fact, they are in the midst of revolting right now. 

I am trying desperately to fight off a sinus infection.  I woke up this morning with a sore throat, runny nose, and the entire right side of my face hurting.  Sexy, I know.

So, I managed to make it to the corner drug store (in my PJs I might add  ::)) and procured some Advil and Claritin in the hopes of warding the impending sinus infection off.

I wanted to see if you guys had any other non-drug ideas on how to ward this stuff off or could give me some relief.  I've got the teapot going with the plan of making some green tea, but other than that, I'm at a loss.

I really don't want to get any further into illness, because not only does that SUCK, but 1) I've got to go to a "Meet the Bridesmaids" dinner tomorrow and I'm the Maid of Honor and planned the darn thing, 2) I've got girls game night that I'm hosting at my house on Friday, and 3) I'm still on sabbatical which means healthcare is SUPER expensive for me right now.

Ideas???

dohertyswissy

Re: NDR - Allergy/Sinus Relief Ideas??
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 01:37:16 pm »
You girls are so awesome.  :-* I'm making my list here.. so where do you get one of these nasal clearing contraptions??

No blood pressure issues here, so I'll pick up some Mucinex too...and Afrin...and maybe some Captain Morgan's for that hot toddy.   ;)

EllieAndBlu

Re: NDR - Allergy/Sinus Relief Ideas??
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 07:32:05 pm »
wow - do I feel your pain! Allergies are sucking big time here in Atlanta... I am plagued by daily sinus issues and today feel like my head is a fishbowl - I am totally "swimming" from the neck on up... I take an antihistamine every day and a decongestant on the stuffy days... I also use a neti pot every day in the shower - it rocks in a big way!!!  Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Oh Holly - I am so going to look into acupunture - the thought of being allergy symptom free gets me giddy!