Author Topic: NDR, trip to the hospital, and update on maya  (Read 2616 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
NDR, trip to the hospital, and update on maya
« on: October 22, 2007, 10:00:35 am »
ok, so first off, i'm going into the hospital on the 1st for a tubal.  yes, everyone agreed we're not comfortable with a partial lol.  it'll be a laproscoptic (sp?) tubal, and i'll be in about 8am and home by lunch the same day.  wild, huh?  i'm nervous, the doctor went into TOO much detail on what they do during the procedure.  did you know they go in through your belly button and pump your tummy up with carbon dioxide (isn't that the right gas?) to get everything out of the way??  he said after that they'll put a band on my tubes and drain as much gas out as they can.  he said they won't get it all out, they never can, and it'll hurt my right shoulder b/c of a nerve that goes towards my tummy from the shoulder.  apparently, as soon as i wake up and can stand and walk a bit i can go home, and it should only take about 30 minutes for him to be done, and 1 1/2 hours total including knocking me out and bringing me back.  i wonder how certain the bands are??

on another note, maya is doing great!  she's 5 weeks old as of yesterday.  we went in for a dr's appt today, and it was perfect.  remember, when she was born, she weighed 6lbs 3oz? and was 19inches long?  well, today she was just shy of 13lbs!!  and catch this, was 22inches long (tall)!!!  for weight she is at 50% on the chart (meaning she's heavier than 50% of kids her age) and for height she was at the 95/95% (taller than 95/97% of kids her age).  she's gotten SO big!  i knew i wasn't exaggerating like hubby thought!  she's gone from preemie clothes all the way up to 0-3 month clothes, which are a tad tight as far as length goes.  my little monster!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

angelsmama

Re: NDR, trip to the hospital, and update on maya
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:15:27 am »
wow she's getting big! :o at roses 4 month she was 13.5 & 24".. i'll be sure to tell how big she is on the 1st (her next appt) i know shes getting pretty big shes around 26 inches & 16-17 lbs i'm guessing.. we got her a bulk pack of size 1-2 huggies (up to 15lbs) and they are too small now but shes only got 20 left might as well finish em right :P

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 10:16:43 am »
I had a laproscopic procedure done in March.  Everyone was telling me how it was a piece of cake, not much pain, etc. Your doctor was right about the right shoulder, it is VERY sore.  My collar bone actually hurt more.  You will be home by lunch, I was out of it for most of the day.  They did a bit on me so I was pretty sore and actually quite mad at everyone who told me it wasn't going to hurt much at all!!  Then I started thinking, "maybe I am a wuss after all!!"    Well, the only other surgery I've had is to have part of a nerve removed in my foot, and that was a piece of cake I didn't take any pain meds or anything.  Good Luck!!

Maya is just doing her job, and trying to keep up with her brothers!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 10:22:23 am »
I had a laproscopic procedure done in March.  Everyone was telling me how it was a piece of cake, not much pain, etc. Your doctor was right about the right shoulder, it is VERY sore.  My collar bone actually hurt more.  You will be home by lunch, I was out of it for most of the day.  They did a bit on me so I was pretty sore and actually quite mad at everyone who told me it wasn't going to hurt much at all!!  Then I started thinking, "maybe I am a wuss after all!!"    Well, the only other surgery I've had is to have part of a nerve removed in my foot, and that was a piece of cake I didn't take any pain meds or anything.  Good Luck!!

Maya is just doing her job, and trying to keep up with her brothers!!

i'm glad you've had it done, too!  now i know a little of what to expect lol.  i hope it goes easy for me, i have a fairly high pain tolerance.  three kids with just a little iv medicine.  i hope i don't cry though lol.  hubby will be off for a month after i get it done, so that'll make it easier with the kids.  how long did it take you to feel better??  the doctor said i'll be right as rain to make the drive to mississippi on the 9th/10th.  does that sound about right?  did you have follow up appointments?  if so, how far after?
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 10:30:29 am »
You'll be fine to make the drive by the 9th/10th.  I had it done on a Thurs and went back to work on Mon or Tues, I don't remember. I don't have a sit down job, I'm a waitress sooo.  I was a bit uncomfortable for a few days around my sternum, it was a gas bubble!!  They said sometimes that does happen.  It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable.  I had it done in Montgomery and I drove myself home on Sat to Mobile, about a two hour drive.   I had to go back two-three weeks later.  They use disolveable stitches, but of course not all of mine dissolved!!!  No biggie though!  My doctor did tell me to get some gas-x and take it immediately after the surgery
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 11:03:41 am »
i feel better about things now, i was worried about the drive only 8 days after (350 miles).  i'm glad you mentioned the gas-x, my doctor didn't bring that up!  how long until that stopped bothering you?  did they do the belly button thing with you, too?  will they push it back in again or will it look freaky or be an outty or something??
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 12:14:28 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA  You will still have the same belly button!!!  I have a little line across the bottom of mine, on the inside.  For me, I was uncomfortable for a good two weeks, mostly because of the gas bubble, but for my cousin she said she was fine three days later.  It depends on the person, and I think my job didn't help!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 12:26:05 pm »
hadda ask about the belly button!  i would miss my innie if it turned into an outtie lol  i'm glad you said just a little line, how many stitches were there?  do you remember?  also, did they completely knock you out for it?  i'm going in tuesday for my pre-op (i don't think it's even really worth calling an operation since i'm getting out same morning!) so i guess i'll find out more, but i'm so paranoid they're going to want to just give me an epi and do it...  there's no way!  (ok, if you haven't figured it out yet, i'm a pessimist!)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)