Author Topic: Finally! We have a house! (only took 1.5 yrs)  (Read 2789 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Finally! We have a house! (only took 1.5 yrs)
« on: October 22, 2007, 05:44:30 pm »
For those of you who recall, I moved out of Ca in May '06.  Since Illinois will pay full schooling for him, that's where we decided to go.  Hubby went to Chicago to find work, and look for a house, staying at his mom's in the meantime.    However, b/c I didn't want to deal with trying to find a place to rent with 4 dogs, I am staying at my parents place in Minneapolis, MN.

Well, it took longer than anticipated for him to find work that paid anything  >:( (7 months)..........and he had to take a huge pay cut with his current job (is looking for something better now).  Once he got settled in, the househunt began.  Having 4 dogs meant we had to find a town that allowed that many, that was w/i reasonable commuting distance for him to get to work.  And most towns seem to have a cutoff of 3 pets (dog or cat)  :(

Once we found about 4 towns in the area near his mom's (b/c of affordability) he would find several houses and check them out before I would drive to look at them.  Unfortunately our price range was ummmm........s hould we say nonexistant?  :P  Since I was living out of state, the bank couldn't count my work income as going towards the loan so it would only give us one based on his income.  Anyway of the few houses we saw, most needed alot of work, and the rest had no yard to speak of.  :(

But we did narrow it down to 2 houses on the same street, actually 4 houses from each other.  Decided on the one with the 2.5 car garage and larger rooms, even if the kitchen was tiny and it only had 1.5 baths.  The yard isn't huge, but it's adequate.  The basement was what sold me.  Huge family room with a full bar and hot tub!  Plus an office space.  Should have plenty of room for all my animals, I'm already figuring where all the cages are going......... .lol.  In fact, I have 2 guys on hold for me until I move, maybe 3.....no not dogs, can't handle any more of those right now.........lo l.

Here's some pix so y'all can see some of the best features.
It's a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath home in Oswego, IL (b/t Joliet and Aurora for those of you who know the area).  We just closed on it yesterday.  Hubby will move in next week, and b/c of work obligations I won't move until the beginning of the year.  But I am going out for Halloween so the neighbors can meet the dogs.........t hat way they won't seem so scary as they'll be dressed up.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Finally! We have a house! (only took 1.5 yrs)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:01:00 am »
That is really nice!!  The basement looks awesome and from that pic, the backyard looks like a decent size!!  Congrats!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:18:39 am »
Congrats on such a beautiful home. Very nice backyard too. ;D

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:27:08 pm »
Congratulation s on the new digs.  I love it.  I guess living in the city for me has skewed my vision on what is big.  That house fits my vision of what I want to a tee and I think the yard is huge.  Gosh, I am so ready for a house of our own with a yard!   ;D  Again, congratulation s and enjoy your trip to your new home.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 02:05:27 pm »
LOL........... well, I guess I'm a bit spoiled.  It's about the same size yard we had in SD, but I only had 1 dog at the time.  ;)  Our yard in Ca, was another 1/2 size bigger, and this is very small comapred to my parents 11 acres......... ...lol.  Other than on base, I've never lived in a ranch style house so it seems a bit cramped to me but I'll get used to it I'm sure.

I would just like to have grass in the yard as in Ca Gunther tore it all up.  We had dirt and weeds, but no grass.  Mowing was interesting b/c I was my own sand/dirtstorm. After mowing, I would come in the house looking like I was african american.

I'm getting very excited and am hoping to transfer to work down there.  Whoohoo!  ;D

Stella........ ...I knew you were somewhere around there.  I think you gave the Darien vet reference, I still have that in mind depending on what my own vet refers (I need an exotic vet as well, which he can refer to me)

Holly......... .you better believe I'll be at the next meet n greet.  I was very disappointed I couldn't get out there this year.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 06:47:11 am »
If you know of anyone else looking for a home in Oswego, I'm selling one.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 11:47:36 am »
Congrats on the house!  I would have been sold on the full bar and hot tub too. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience