Author Topic: Yukon's first night free  (Read 3432 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Yukon's first night free
« on: October 09, 2007, 06:56:44 pm »
We decided to give in and let him stay out of his crate all night last night. Granted he is 9 mos old but we still didn't know if he'd be okay, unsupervised or if he is even housetrained yet, since he's yet to let us know when he has to go out. Well he did great! All the bedroom doors were closed except where hubby and the baby sleep- he didn't want him getting upset or anything so he left one open. I have to get up to pee 3-4 times a night thanks to the pregnancy so I got to check on him and all he did was lay or sleep on the tile all night..once he got up to say hi, the rest of the time I ended up having to step over him lol. When Chris tossed the kitten off his bed at 4 am and made a noise, Yukon came in to see what was up and woke up Chris with some licks..then left lol..but he was a very good boy. :-*

Here are some pics I took this morning of him with the kids. Can't wait til Yiska is out of her heat cycle, yuck.. I feel bad for her so I bought her a new blanket tonight for her crate and she tore a chunk out of it first thing, oh well.. Yukon loves blankets now, she just likes to destroy things. >:(

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:58:41 pm by mama2many »

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Yukon's first night free
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:14:09 pm »
Yay Yukon....free at last! What a good boy he was. Yiska must be jealous, thats why she tore a hole in her new blankie. HEHE ;D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:43:19 am »
Yukon is looking great, he looks like he has gained some weight. Tugs stopped sleeping in his crate when he was about 6 months old. He refused to let me sleep if he had to sleep in his crate, I gave in out of desperation and exhaustion and he has been pretty good. Pyrs are usually so laid back that they would just prefer to sleep on the cool tile instead of creating havoc.
Poor Yiska, she is just frustrated. Once you get her spayed she should really start mellowing out.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:46:29 am »
We never crated Lily at night and I didn't really worry about it since she is dead asleep all night. Now, during the day...totally different question. When I gave her the kitchen to start she destroyed pretty much everything reachable with no value. After that I hid "everything loose" for 3 weeks and left all kinds of chew toys. After that she lost her interest in destructions  ;D

I too think it is so good for Yukon to sleep free with Pano  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 06:10:25 am »
Thanks guys. He IS such a good boy, really..Yiska is more of a handful generally and she tends to pester the kids.. Yukon is happy to disregard most things lol. He doesn't even stand and beg for food in the kitchen. He's now laying on her new blanket on the tile, I'm sure she likes that. ::) Poor thing. He's doing really well around her crate..he goes over to say hi once in awhile but other than that, he just ignores her, so at least he's not going completely nuts with this heat thing. His 2nd night out was just as good. He is such a mellow guy.

Paige~ probably what you see is his fluffy hair lol. We gave them baths on Sunday and he got all puffy..but boy did he look awful wet. :( Whenever you're sitting, he likes to sit on his back feet and put both his front feet on your lap- it used to HURT, now? You can barely feel he is there. He could stand to gain 30 lbs and still not be overweight. Seriously, it's that bad. He is just a shell, he has no fat left anywhere..and his muscles from the Pano are probably gone too.

I finally got their new Eagle Pack food yesterday. Yiska loved it plain (but it was something new). I got a couple cans also (the canned of that didn't seem to bother him before) and mixed a couple tablspoons in and some warm water with the dry and he LOVED it. SO, if he keeps eating this way a couple times a day, every day, he should start gaining in no time.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:12:00 am by mama2many »

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 06:46:37 am »
Freedom at last! Yukon looks like he's enjoying his time out of the crate. I sure hope his Pano passes soon and he's back in top shape!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 07:00:43 am »
Awww! Good boy Yukon! I don't think I would have been able to sleep if I were you! I would've been worrying the whole time, wondering if he was getting into something. haha
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 04:33:48 pm »
Lets hope that Yukon starts gaining a little weight. Tugs is only about 80 pounds right now but his dad was only 120 and his mom was 100 pounds so he may take more after his mom. I have noticed that Zoey has started filling out and getting the mature look and she is just gorgeous- not a big pyr, but absolutely gorgeous and her coat is so soft and full. She will be 2 in January. When she had surgery back in June she was 84 pounds, so she is just not going to be a big Pyr.