Author Topic: Help....!  (Read 2452 times)

Bordeaux

Help....!
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:40:24 am »
I reall tried everything....
but my dog still peeing in the house... im desperate...

I got up very early and get him down, go with him evey two hours, tried nespaper on the floor, and even and forgive mw with this, beat him (no harm) if I caught him
but nothing helps...
when he need it - he just do it in the house.

one fact is that its vey hot in here now, and he drinks much, but god... how to tech him to hold it till we go out?

experts, please help

lorim2

Re: Help....!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:50:33 am »
Marley was the hardest I have ever had to potty train...I was just about ready to give up...We would take him out seriously every half hour but if he felt the need before we went out, he would just let it flow...and when Marley teetees, its like a lake!!  But just keep on doing what your doing, be consistent, and give lots of praise when he does good...Marley was around 6 months old before it was under control...by the way, do you crate?  That can be a wonderful tool also..

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:52:31 am »
How old is your dog????? That is the first question - large breeds do finish potty training much later than the small ones usualy.
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:54:16 am »
...by the way, do you crate?  That can be a wonderful tool also..

I second using crate for potty training. Also, it is very important to catch him in the act... Butter has been potty trained using a crate since he was 4-5 months old, but 2 weeks-1 month ago, he had several accidents in the house. After being caught on the last one, he has been accident free for over 2 weeks, though we still crate him during the night.   

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 06:15:07 am »
Using a crate was the only thing that worked when I trained Tipper. He was 2 yrs old when I adopted him so I had to train him as an adult. I really could not have done it without the crate.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven