Author Topic: 2007 Christmas Card & Present Exchange Information  (Read 47628 times)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Christmas Card & Present Exchange Information
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 12:51:34 pm »
Oh this is so exciting. I can't wait to see all the carda and go shopping.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 12:53:51 pm »
Ranger and I are IN!

Question, though, when do we get the list for the cards?  I usually order a photo one of me and the big guy to send out and want to make sure I order enough.   :)

Lyn

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 12:56:27 pm »
I would LOVE to do it again this year but I'll have to check with my hubby first. It cost me a killing to send my package last year. LOL

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 12:57:52 pm »
This thread is cracking me up.  It reminds me of the anxiety  the kids have as they have to wait to open presents until AFTER the holiday dinner.  Everyone is always so giddy and excited..  It's really funny.  I'm super excited to be a part of the BPO Holiday gift exchange.   
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 12:58:42 pm »
Harley and I are in for both!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 12:59:23 pm »
I'm in for both.

Now as a fairly new BPO'er, can someone explain exactly how this works?  Is it a Secret Santa kind of thing, or do we know who our recipient(s) are?

And how does the card exchange work?

~ Steph
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 03:04:36 pm »
Just put miss Libby's name on for both ~ last year being one of the 'newbies' it was sooo much fun, and a great chance to meet the members in the chat opening... but OMG it goes fast so grab a drinky or 2 and jump in when you can ;D
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Christmas Exchange Information for 2007
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 05:58:58 pm »
Ok. Here's our information:

Dog #1's Name: Cabeza, a manly man
Fave Color  :  Uh, red complements his furtone nicely
       Loves:  Nylabones, Wing-a-Ling, Bully Stix (Cabeza doesn't really play with toys)

What's a "Wing-a-Ling"?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 06:14:06 pm »
Oh Bryce can hardly wait! We still have cards from last year displayed. The were all just so beautiful. WHen i have guests over they love to look at them! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 06:25:03 pm »
I was telling my husband about this while I was getting the email ready to send with the pup's info ... he thinks we're all doggy crazy.   ;D  About the cards - do you just make your own off your puter?  or maybe just insert your doggy's pictures in a card? ... *laffin*  I'm excited and I'd really like to know what type of glue you use to have all your dogs sit in one picture taking area at once? ???
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 06:55:09 pm »
Yeah!!

Harley and I are in for both!!!
Time to start looking for some good cards - and trying to get a picture of Harley where he actually has eyes!!

For the first time people (this is only my second year) this would be a good time to start learning to type fast - I've never seen messages fly so quickly as when we were in the chat room when the pups opened their gifts it was such fun!

Looking forward to it

Randy

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 07:18:58 pm »
Oh, and we're in!  ;D

I'm going to bite the bullet this year and do the card exchange, too.  I was just too jealous listening to everyone go on and on about how great the cards have been.  I've only done the gift exchange in the past because I can't be trusted to mail out Christmas cards.  I can't tell you how many times I have bought, addressed, and even stamped Christmas cards, only to forget to mail them.  I'm counting on you guys to help me remember through my senility. ;D

hahaha!! You know what's really funny? The last two years, the only Christmas cards I've sent out on time - or at all - have been my BPO Christmas Cards!! How's that for dog crazy!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 07:35:53 pm »
We are in for both- I have already started plotted our shopping trip and cards!!!
I still have cards from last year and it was so much fun!!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 09:10:13 pm »
Oh, and we're in! ;D

I'm going to bite the bullet this year and do the card exchange, too. I was just too jealous listening to everyone go on and on about how great the cards have been. I've only done the gift exchange in the past because I can't be trusted to mail out Christmas cards. I can't tell you how many times I have bought, addressed, and even stamped Christmas cards, only to forget to mail them. I'm counting on you guys to help me remember through my senility. ;D

hahaha!! You know what's really funny? The last two years, the only Christmas cards I've sent out on time - or at all - have been my BPO Christmas Cards!! How's that for dog crazy!

The only reason my Christmas cards got out on time last year was because of BPO!!!!  I sent them all out at the same time.  I have 3 windows in the front of my house and I placed a red ribbon down the middle of each window last year and hung the cards on them and still had a ton for the mantle and entertainment center!!  AND Daphne's present was the first present under the tree!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 01:11:50 am »
We're in, too! :) We had so much fun last year and our girls LOVED getting all the cute photo cards of the Big Paws. :)(So did I). :)

Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn