BPO Get Together Forum > Meet & Greet BPOers

anyone in SE Michigan??

<< < (6/6)

Amy (guffer):
Hey all! We're in Southgate, not far from you guys at all!  Anyone going to Bark in the Park at Stony Creek Metropark this weekend?  That would be a great place to meet up!  We went two years ago with the little paws and had a blast!  We're looking forward to taking the pyrs this time!

Has anyone been to the Dunk N Dogs Pet Wash in Livonia?  They have "Pooch Parties" a couple times a week.  I haven't been there yet, but it sounds nice.  Here's the link:  http://www.dunkndogs.com/

VdogLover:
No, I will not be going to Bark in the Park I'm to busy working on the Flint Goes to the Dogs event.
Has anyone tried the dog ranch, new pond and dog park yet?

pyr4me:

--- Quote from: Amy (guffer) on August 07, 2008, 07:01:42 am ---Hey all! We're in Southgate, not far from you guys at all!  Anyone going to Bark in the Park at Stony Creek Metropark this weekend?  That would be a great place to meet up!  We went two years ago with the little paws and had a blast!  We're looking forward to taking the pyrs this time!

Has anyone been to the Dunk N Dogs Pet Wash in Livonia?  They have "Pooch Parties" a couple times a week.  I haven't been there yet, but it sounds nice.  Here's the link:  http://www.dunkndogs.com/

--- End quote ---

I've been to dunk n dogs before. Tipper got skunked and I washed him there. I went to one of the pooch parties and there was only one other dog, so it wasn't that exciting. I think it would depend on what and how many dogs were there. However, the space would fill quickly with our big paws and the floor can be slippery. I like outdoor dog parks much better.  ;)

There are great wooded nature trails at the back of Rotary Park in Livonia and it serves as an informal dog walking oasis. Most of the dogs run off leash and have a great time. My Pyr is always on leash, but Tipper LOVES to zoom around chasing squirrels, etc.

VdogLover:

--- Quote from: pyr4me on August 07, 2008, 11:58:39 am --- Most of the dogs run off leash and have a great time. My Pyr is always on leash, but Tipper LOVES to zoom around chasing squirrels, etc.

--- End quote ---

You go to Rotary for the exact reason I will not. The final straw for me was a Pitbull barking and charging my dog and son, while the owner came from 40 feet back on the trail yelling that the dog was nice.
I go to Maybury State Park where the dogs are on leash and DNR is just a call away if one isn't.

GrumpyBunny:
Man, how come I didn't know you guys when I lived in Dearborn?  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version