Author Topic: anyone in SE Michigan??  (Read 20535 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: anyone in SE Michigan??
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 05:00:47 pm »
Ooo! That sounds so fun! I'm in Milwaukee now, but I just moved from South Bend, IN....My mom lives in Buchanan, MI and I visit her at least once a month. If you ever decide to do a get together....I'd love to!

(P.S. I got my BP from a place near Battle Creek in Michigan!)
remind me where Buchanan is.  i see that name at work everyday but i can't place it. 
next time you're there and timing works let me know.  i know where Battle Creek is...it's about an hour or so from me.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 06:22:46 pm »
remind me where Buchanan is. i see that name at work everyday but i can't place it.
next time you're there and timing works let me know. i know where Battle Creek is...it's about an hour or so from me.

Buchanan is in the very SW corner of Michigan, very close to the Indiana/Michigan stateline. I believe from Buchanan to Grand Rapids it's about an hour and a half trip.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 06:26:19 pm »
next time you're in town...let me know.

Offline swebb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 08:42:39 am »
This seems to be an older thread, but I too am in SE Michigan.  Livonia here. 

I have given the neighbors a heads-up on the arrival of our newf pup, and they are all very excited!!  Many of them have seen "pictures" of them and atleast know what they look like, but have never seen one in person, so this should be interesting  ;)

I have lived in Livonia my entire life and I have only seen 2 newfs there, the first was many years ago, and the second was just last week. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:48:08 am by swebb »

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:33:22 am »
I live in Livonia, too! When are you getting your pup?
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline swebb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 11:08:51 am »

We are getting our Newf just before Labor day (End of August)!!!  The excitement just keeps building, and time seems to move slower. 

We're right by Laurel Park Mall if that gives you an idea of where in Livonia.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 04:41:23 pm »

We are getting our Newf just before Labor day (End of August)!!!  The excitement just keeps building, and time seems to move slower. 

How exciting! Yes, I know where that is, I live near the Livonia Mall. When you get your pup we'll have to take the dogs to the nature trails in Rotary Park--I go there all the time. They are great trails and everyone walks their dogs back there. You just need to have super strength mosquito spray!!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:43:03 pm by pyr4me »
Jennifer

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 07:24:03 pm »
I'm so jealous.  I'm only about 4 hours west of you guys.  we should do a MI Meet n Greet.

Gentian

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 05:04:28 pm »
Since this thread has been revived, we're in SE MI, too. South of Ann Arbor, but we're used to driving to all the good stuff. Bosco would so love to play with dogs his size.  :D

Amanda
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:04:50 pm by Gentian »

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 05:45:33 pm »

How exciting! Yes, I know where that is, I live near the Livonia Mall. When you get your pup we'll have to take the dogs to the nature trails in Rotary Park--I go there all the time. They are great trails and everyone walks their dogs back there. You just need to have super strength mosquito spray!!  ;D

Hey your about a mile from me, I live at 7 and Inkster.

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 07:01:42 am »
Hey all! We're in Southgate, not far from you guys at all!  Anyone going to Bark in the Park at Stony Creek Metropark this weekend?  That would be a great place to meet up!  We went two years ago with the little paws and had a blast!  We're looking forward to taking the pyrs this time!

Has anyone been to the Dunk N Dogs Pet Wash in Livonia?  They have "Pooch Parties" a couple times a week.  I haven't been there yet, but it sounds nice.  Here's the link:  http://www.dunkndogs.com/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:47:59 am by Amy (guffer) »

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 09:27:38 am »
No, I will not be going to Bark in the Park I'm to busy working on the Flint Goes to the Dogs event.
Has anyone tried the dog ranch, new pond and dog park yet?

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 11:58:39 am »
Hey all! We're in Southgate, not far from you guys at all!  Anyone going to Bark in the Park at Stony Creek Metropark this weekend?  That would be a great place to meet up!  We went two years ago with the little paws and had a blast!  We're looking forward to taking the pyrs this time!

Has anyone been to the Dunk N Dogs Pet Wash in Livonia?  They have "Pooch Parties" a couple times a week.  I haven't been there yet, but it sounds nice.  Here's the link:  http://www.dunkndogs.com/

I've been to dunk n dogs before. Tipper got skunked and I washed him there. I went to one of the pooch parties and there was only one other dog, so it wasn't that exciting. I think it would depend on what and how many dogs were there. However, the space would fill quickly with our big paws and the floor can be slippery. I like outdoor dog parks much better.  ;)

There are great wooded nature trails at the back of Rotary Park in Livonia and it serves as an informal dog walking oasis. Most of the dogs run off leash and have a great time. My Pyr is always on leash, but Tipper LOVES to zoom around chasing squirrels, etc.
Jennifer

~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 09:15:08 pm »
Most of the dogs run off leash and have a great time. My Pyr is always on leash, but Tipper LOVES to zoom around chasing squirrels, etc.

You go to Rotary for the exact reason I will not. The final straw for me was a Pitbull barking and charging my dog and son, while the owner came from 40 feet back on the trail yelling that the dog was nice.
I go to Maybury State Park where the dogs are on leash and DNR is just a call away if one isn't.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:18:05 pm by VdogLover »

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 10:22:02 pm »
Man, how come I didn't know you guys when I lived in Dearborn?  ???
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*