Author Topic: Feeding Cat RAW  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Feeding Cat RAW
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:41 am »
I'm switching my cat to a raw diet. Does anyone else feed thier cats raw diets. With Harley it was easy, and I don't have to worry about the bones. But I know cats can be picky and bones are essential to the raw diet. Just wondering if any other raw feeders feed their cats raw too.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

Re: Feeding Cat RAW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:53:44 am »
I tired. My kitties wouldn't eat it. :( So, now I give them Innova Evo and supplement with canned mackeral, salmon, etc.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 12:09:50 pm »
Thanks, I have been testing her with Harleys food. I'll take pieces of turkey (making sure there is no bone in it) and I'll give it to her and she will eat it. I'm just hoping that if I give her chicken neck she will eat it. I want her teeth to be as nice as Harleys and she always makes such a fuss when Harley is getting fed. LOL

I'l just scared because she is so small will she be able to eat chicken necks ect.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:07:15 am »
When I see people asking about raw diet for cats, my first question is how you are doing the taurine?

Probably everyone is tired of me talking about our Cody, the Newfie, who is crippled for life from being fed a BARF diet with the calcium and phosphorus out of balance...

The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua