Author Topic: If you could live anywhere...  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: If you could live anywhere...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 08:59:59 am »
I would live in Nova Scotia,(Canada) It is the best place that I have ever lived in, no one is ever in a hurry to get anywhere, it is so laid back and best of all it is by the ocean. I can't wait to move back. At least I get to go back in Septmeber to finally get married. ( I am common law right now)

Nina   
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 09:06:48 am »
Hey Jabear...

The place you describe sounds like Northern Michigan! Check it out! I think that Northern Michigan is HEAVEN. Rocky, forest-y...and of course the Great Lakes. Perfect country for a Newf! And, there's bears and moose and elk and otters and...you get it. And, its nice and warm and sunny in the summer!

For me, though.....I think that heaven exists in the Lowcountry of the Southeast. South Carolina, the Georgia coast...I absolutely LOVE it there! I want a beautiful home in the Salt Marshes, a sailboat and of course a gang of doggies. But, I might be too busy working at Nikkerbokker's Dog Rescue-Rama to have it....How much are you gonna pay, Nik?  ;)

nickerbokker

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 09:11:25 am »
a million trillion dollars!  super!

Nicole

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 09:15:22 am »
Sweet! Where do I sign?  ;)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 07:42:20 pm »
I used to think I wanted to live in Montana --- until I went there too many times and heard the dropping of fifty forks on porcelain in a podunk diner one afternoon as everyone gawked at us in some sort of stupor.

Now, I really want to leave the US.  Become an expatriate and never look back.  I guess I am not sure.  Sometimes I like the idea of not being tied to any certain place or house or possessions, but just traveling lightly and teaching in different countries.  I also like the idea of fresh-baked bread and laid back atmospheres with outdoor cafes and smaller portion sizes.  I want life to be simple...as simple as possible and to enjoy things like the breeze and the sound of crickets.  That's all I want....forget the bills, the traffic, the politics, the media, the rude neighbors, the phony food and subliminal mf!  I want OUT!  I want to live OUTSIDE the consumption-driven culture created here and be HAPPY without all the plastic junk from WAL*MART.  I do not need it and it definitely does not need me!

I want cold water from a real stream.  I want a garden.  I want art.  Culture.  I want a life.  I want a protective layer of impermeable membrane to shield me from ignorance and hatred, judgment and grandiosity, materialism and greed.

And, from the best of my knowledge I must do this in a less materialistic culture.  The trouble is that many cultures idolize the US way of life, thinking it is better than what they have.  I wish this was not the case and that those people who live a simple life can enjoy each day for what it is.  I try to do that, but it is difficult to ignore the destructive forces culminating all around, second-to-second, everywhere I listen, look, touch, feel and taste.

I want credit to go away.  I want solicitors to stop trying to cram junk I don't need down my throat.  I want most paper mail to dissolve.  I want silliness to spontaneously combust...so I can say, "Oops!" and go right on tuning my ears to the sound of crickets.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner