Author Topic: What is the most annoying thing your dog does?  (Read 12563 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most annoying thing your dog does?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 07:38:42 pm »
I love this thread,,great idea,,I am so glad that others love their fur kids as much as we do.

I'll start with Magic,who really doesn't have many.off the top of my head,,refusal to take pills..and sometimes refusal to come when it's bath time or grooming time on the table..which is weird cause he knows when he's done he's usually going somewhere to visit.

Emma..she's just so special cause she's Daddy's little girl..and thinks she can use that to get out of trouble..Mostl y with her..she makes really disgusting sounds of haawwking up spit in order to do Daddy's hair by licking it into the curls and style she wants it,and hates his idea of combed hair.

Falkor OH where do I begin...he is still the kid in the house and at 20 months old I would have to put his barking at the most annoying...I realize he has important things to say..but if you speak to him ...like we all do to our fur kids...he has always got something to say back...always!!!
At least he doesn't combine it with his next most annoying thing.....um  how do I phrase this..

He is a perv...When my hubby and I are shall I say busy in bed....he watches..he just quietly positions his head on a corner or part of the bed not being used and watches us.

I have to say though..of all the fur kids Falkor is the court jester of the three..always making us laugh out loud.

Great thread

Tricia and the fur kids

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »
I love this thread,,great idea,,I am so glad that others love their fur kids as much as we do.

I'll start with Magic,who really doesn't have many.off the top of my head,,refusal to take pills..and sometimes refusal to come when it's bath time or grooming time on the table..which is weird cause he knows when he's done he's usually going somewhere to visit.

Emma..she's just so special cause she's Daddy's little girl..and thinks she can use that to get out of trouble..Mostl y with her..she makes really disgusting sounds of haawwking up spit in order to do Daddy's hair by licking it into the curls and style she wants it,and hates his idea of combed hair.

Falkor OH where do I begin...he is still the kid in the house and at 20 months old I would have to put his barking at the most annoying...I realize he has important things to say..but if you speak to him ...like we all do to our fur kids...he has always got something to say back...always!!!
At least he doesn't combine it with his next most annoying thing.....um  how do I phrase this..

He is a perv...When my hubby and I are shall I say busy in bed....he watches..he just quietly positions his head on a corner or part of the bed not being used and watches us.

I have to say though..of all the fur kids Falkor is the court jester of the three..always making us laugh out loud.

Great thread

Tricia and the fur kids

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!   at least there's no discussion of the act during or after. :)

Offline goldensaint25

• Ankle Biter
  • My babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 10:21:10 pm »
The only thing really annoying my dogs do and its well only one of them is Cujo. He will wait until Im dressed for the day and brush my hair out and looking nice then wait till we get in the car and drool over my shoulder into my car and all over the one side of my shirt. My hair was actually sticking together last week and crunchy because of his drool and it was disgusting and I had to walk around the rest of the day looking like that and today he decided to pull Im not going to take a bath so I got dragged into the bathtub with my clothes still on and got a bath to when I got out and was talking to him about being a good boy he threw up all over me along with drool so I decided to just hop back in the tub with him..lol.. ;D Gotta love it though I  had a blast and thank goodness throw up does not bother me!!

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 07:44:07 am »
Bodhi is a World Champion Belcher...and he always makes sure to run into the room and do it in your face.  ACK!!  I detest belching....if any person does it around me I am liable to smack them before I can stop myself.  Of course, when my Big Bodhi Baby does it I think it's kind of cute...

I think the MOST annoying thing he does is pummel Stubby, our Corgi mix.  He thinks it is great fun to jump on him and chew on his back.  Poor Stubby....his fur is constantly crusty from Newfie Drool, lol.  Sometimes 'Leave It!' will stop him...but sometimes he just gets too excited and you have to physically pull him off.  I'm sure Stubby can't wait until he gets older and calmer, lol!

BTW....we absolutely have to shut the bedroom door when we are 'getting busy'....we have 6 dogs...it's too much of an audience....no t to mention occasionally one of them will stick a cold wet nose on my husband's backside, LOL!!  Talk about Performance Anxiety!! HAHA!!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 07:48:11 am »
Melissa that is too darn funny!!!

OK well Issy is only a pup so where to begin!!!  She has just recently started the paw thing, which I don't get cause nobody has taught her that!!  She has decided that Stone is her toy and she sounds like a freight train running through the house after him!!  When I try to put her on a down stay (I realize she's just learning) when I take two steps back she starts to jump up, so I put her back in position, she does it again and again and....then she thinks it's a game, she'll jump up with her butt in the air like we're playing!  And since I can't let her win the other night I swear we did this for like 20 min!  I'm not trying to get her to stay for long, just long enough for me to back up to the couch and count a slow 10-15.  Oh and apparently the crate is death, even with food in it!

Daphne, well she's special.  She licks.  When she's done licking nine times out of ten there's a big damp spot where she was.  It wouldn't be so bad if she would stay off my couch, but as soon as I walk out the door she's on my couch.  So now I have to remember to always put a blanket on the couch.  She is also still pretty skiddish (I have no idea what was done to her in her past) she's gotten a lot better about it but sometimes I'm feel like, ok you know I'm going to get cup of coffee, you know what that noise is by now you don't have to jump and run!!

Stone, I know he's a cat but he doesn't!!  He's part siamese so he's very vocal!!  When he wants out, he sits at the door and mews, if I don't get up he comes over, sits in front of me, stares at me, and mews (I told you he doesn't know he's a cat) then goes back to the door and will start to howl if I'm not fast enough.  He also does this when he doesn't have any food!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 02:36:29 pm »
It's cute yet annoying at the same time...

Rosie and her 6am wake-up calls, even on weekends! Every morning, it's like she has a time-for-pets clock. She gets up, plops her head on my side of the bed, aims her snout [and bad breath] in my face, and sighs so loud you'd think her life was so tragic.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 07:45:21 pm »
Gwen is constantly in the way.  Not in an "I love you and so I will follow you everywhere you go and always be underfoot" kind of way.  Just in an annoying "Oh look, I just happen to be standing right where you needed to go" kind of way.  And when you tell her to move, she moves right over to wherever you were going to go next.  Also, when she is laying down and you try to step over her, she lays perfectly still until you are stepping right over the top of her and then springs to her feet underneath you causing you great personal damage.

Ranger has to be in the middle of EVERYTHING.  If you are putting together a lovely coffee table from Ikea, his nose will be between the hammer and the nail.  Or the screw and that riduculous L-shaped screwdriver thingy.  Whatever.  If you come over to my house, he will stick his head right in the middle of your purse and have a look around.  He has to sniff each and every library book that I check out as well as all of the mail.  He can not stand not to be involved.  He reminds me of the scene in Lilo and Stitch where Stitch comes into the house for the first time and is wreaking havoc and Lilo says "Look how curious the puppy is".  Hah, understatement .  He also uses the couch and my bed as a napkin.  Whenever I go to bed at night, the mattress is pushed about half a foot off the box spring from him running up and down wiping his face on it. 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 10:40:44 pm »
Butt is an angel ;)The only annoying thing he does is jump on my bed and roll around after his bath.

Tub,is there anything he does that isn't annoyng??? One of his favorite things to do is jump in the pool and then come wipe himself off on the couch.He LOVES to play ball and if you aren't in the mood to play he will sit and hit you with it until you give in and throw it.If you dare shut the door when you go in the bathroom he will sound like the most abused dog on the planet.Even though I have a queen size bed,he is sure the best place to sleep is on my legs or with his butt(and not his bro)on my pillow.His by far most annoying thing though is that he is a 117lb chicken sh*t.That boy is afraid of his own shadow.A few weeks ago he tried to race past me thru the laundry room and wiped out,after that he was afraid to walk back thru there.He would stand at the edge of the doorway and bark,no matter what time of day it was.Even with all that and plenty more you couldn't buy him for a million bucks ;D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline +four+leaf+clover+

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »
Brannigan poos on the verandah outside if he can't get down to the backyard.  This is bad because quite often it's sort of drippy and our verandah (I live in a pole home) has reeded decking so I need to scrape it out of all the little grooves in the wood.  He also poos under our fruit trees: not nice if you are out there in the half light trying to get some limes or something!  He also wipes his eye slime on us (albeit affectionately).

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 07:17:22 am »
As a trainer, I found this thread fascinating as it totally mirrors the primary reason I get calls--the dog is Alpha over the humans. 

Zita just started that pawing/nosing thing, which is a total no no, and it took almost 2 weeks before she figured out that nothing good happened when she did it.  I think it was the cup of coffee that got dumped on her face that finally did the trick.

Alphas get to initiate contact.  The pawing is a contact initiation and dogs don't get to do that.  This week Zita is invisible to me unless she is sitting.

Sparky's most annoying new habit was not calling to be let out for morning potties.  He discovered it is cold outside.  It was in the low 60s again this morning!  Now he is being taken out at 3 am. and again at 6 am. and the housebreaking issues seems to be over.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 07:28:49 am »
Agh!!! Winston is ALWAYS poking me with his nose...especia lly when I have work pants on!!!  So, I should ignore him until he sits????

Oh....and I've given up any hope of actually going to the bathroom without four eyes just STARING at me!!!!  CAN'T A WOMEN GET A LITTLE PRIVACY???   ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 04:21:26 pm »
Great thread!

Keiko's most annoying habit is that she's a food hound.  And my dad has made her (and the others) much worse by feeding them table scraps every day.  :P  I'm constantly tripping over someone in the kitchen.  Luckily they know I won't give them anything unless I call them so an "out" is all they need to leave me alone.  She also has a bad habit that whenever she is annoyed at being left alone or thinks she needed to go out/come with/be fed before I leave......... ..she will go thru the trash in the bathrooms.  Luckily she doesn't do it so often anymore, well she is also more prone to it during the "special time of the month"  ::)

Gunther feels the need to bark at everything.  Dog outside?  Bark.  Squirrel?  Bark.  Falling leaf?  Bark, bark bark.  He was so well trained too until we moved here and my sister's dog is horrible about barking.  Luckily he will listen to me to be quiet but apparently no one else is that special....... ....lol.  He is also scared of everything.... ....mostly plastic and paper bags.........l ol.  Oh, and balloons, he hates those.  He outgrew the give paw thing when a pup, but if you're trying to give him a belly rub, he will swing a paw in your face.  He is learning "no paw" for this one as well but it's almost as if he can't help himself....... ......lol.  :D

Nigel has the most annoying bad habit.  He marks in the house.  I have worked extensively with him on this to no avail.  Of course it doesn't help that sis' dog mentioned earlier also marks in the house......... .yes, he's shown bad habits all around to my crew.  >:(  He knows not to go in front of you and I've tried belly bands (none fit), leashing him (again won't go when you're there) and kenneling him (don't like doing that all day).  I've now boughten him spiderman little boy underpants as well as baby onesies, neither of which fit him right I'll need to find a way to make them work.  Doesn't help my dad lets him run around loose in the house while he's in the basement...... .....I never allow him to have the run of the house.  Luckily when visiting our new house he made no attempts to mark at all, so hopefully it will end when I officially move.  He also jumps on  you.  Well, not on me he knows to sit but everyone else.  He will listen if you tell him "off" but 2 seconds later he's at it again.  Of course it would help if my mom and sis would follow thru with the training I've told them to with him instead of just yelling "off, off, off, off" or in my mom's case saying it softly and quiet.  Like he's going to listen to that!  And when he gets too excited he will jump and nip you at the same time, but seems to do this only to my sister........ .lol.

Posey is also a jumper but not as annoying b/c she's smaller.  Again she knows not to do this to me. Her more annoying habit is that when she gets scared or thinks she's in trouble, you cannot approach her or she will pee.  She's done this since a puppy.  Even if you're yelling at someone else and not her, she thinks she's in trouble too.   ::)  She also will put anything and everything in her mouth.  We've had some scares with her on that one........... .eating pantyliners mostly (she wears them in her undies when in heat)...........lol .  She is also the master destuffer of toys.......as well as Gunther's now destuffed sleeping bag/bed.

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 06:17:44 am »
Here, I ignore the big dogs when they nose for attention and will leave the room with them dog gated inside if they don't stop the nosing fast.  When I come back in, I call them to me since they will be doing that anyway cus they loooove me and it makes them think they are doing stuff because they were told to.  They get the Sit command which they then perform, a brief pause that gets longer every time, and then they get the verbal reward and the petting and kisses, etc. 

After the Sit For Attention command is mastered, I have them do a Down, then transition to a Down, Stay and I pet them with my feet.  Zita is not pleased about it, but as I type she is laying under the desk getting tummy petting.

Wally, hubby's Italian Mastiff, gets to nose him since hubby thinks it is cute.  She also paws him for attention, but very gently, which he also thinks is cute.  Once in a while she will try that with me and I am sure she wonders why she gets no attention for it. 

It is VERY cute considering this is the dog that caused warnings to be issued by hubby if he was going to enter the room Wally was in since she would run blindly in terror and trample anyone or anything in her effort to get away from him.  She hit one of the portable dog fences so hard her first week here that she dented it and it wasn't attached to anything.  Now she cries if the petting isn't to her specifications .

Some background on why I am so strict on that one...back in the 1980s I trained a huge dog to stop that behavior after he nosed the baby out of Mama's arms and then walked on him just a little bit.  Sparky Chihuahua gets carried a lot here, and I don't want him to fall.  We also have a lot of expensive, portable electronic equipment that works better unslobbered.

The most annoying thing Zita does is taking every possible inch of the bed if I get up in the night.  We are working on a command called Move for that.  It's nice now that it is cold but it probably won't be as nice once it is summertime.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

chaosndestruction

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 05:53:23 am »
Keela's only bad habit is jumping on my bed when i'm almost asleep and sitting on my head. She HAS to lay at the head of the bed with me...can't lay at the foot.

and well she's kind big to be doing that on a TWIN bed... 90 lbs of husky mix do NOT need to be sitting on my head...and if my cat is on the pillow next to me...she'll sit on him! The funny thing about that is that the cat stays and meows at me to help him!

Offline mingaling

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • TheVelvetSnoot.com
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 08:26:59 am »
Great thread! I'm reading on and on and wishing I could write something great. I have 2 Shar-Peis, one that is a BIG girl! I gotta tell you tho, they don't beg for food, don't slobber, don't bark much, don't walk in mudd or even like to walk when it rains so they don't track in water, they don't chew my shoes, they don't jump on people and aren't needy, I think the thing that annoys me most is that I have to beg them for THEIR attention instead of the other way around. Is that normal? 
Discount Luxury for BIG DOGS! www.TheVelvetS noot.com