Author Topic: Joji  (Read 10205 times)

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Joji
« on: July 26, 2005, 03:07:49 pm »
Here I am posting here and there, but I haven't properly introduced my girl, Joji, to the akita lovers. Our Jo-jo-monster is, hands down, one of the best dogs we've ever had. She's 15 mos. old and is sweet, gentle, loving, friendly and playful with man and his best friend. Wait, is she really an Akita? Yep, she is, but you wouldn't know it ... or maybe she doesn't know akitas have a reputation for being dog aggressive. Oh well, it's really just a guide, not the rule. ;-)

Fellow akita lovers, let's see your best pup!

- Teresa
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Joji
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 03:14:29 pm »
What a doll! She does look like such a sweetheart!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 03:36:35 pm »
She's beautiful! I love her coloring!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:23:29 pm »
awwwww what a face. she is a darling. I dont know if I have said it to you before but if not, welcome to BPO. I am not sure how many akitas we have. I know that they are supposedly dog aggresive. When I was grooming though, I had one boy akita, that came in on a regular basis, he was the sweetest most loving dog ever, he loved to play with Hercules, my bullmastiff boy, I just cant picture him being the least bit mean. And your girl has that super sweet look too.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 09:33:54 am »
Thanks for the nice comments ... we love our not-so-little Joji (although she's not as big as a lot of her BP colleagues).  I've always liked the pinto markings too ... I call them "party colors." ;-)  And it fits Jo's personality ... life is a party and she wants to be the life of it. lol

I guess the akita tendency to be dog aggressive has put them on the "beware" list. Before we met Joji's dog mom and dog, that sure was my impression. I thought they were beautiful animals, but didn't want to even think about getting one because of their reputation. That changed at a San Francisco dog show last year ... we met Jo's dad and fell in love. He was absolutely one of the sweetest, calmest dog I'd ever seen. Then we met Jo's mom and knew we made the right choice. Like dad, she was gentle, sweet and calm. Plus both dog parents were around other dogs (both genders) and got along beautifully. I'm sure individual personality plays a role, but I'm now convinced with the proper exposure and socialization, the dog-aggressive label doesn't have to be the rule.

- Teresa
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 09:35:19 am »
Jojo looks shy!  :) 

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 09:54:09 am »
It's just an act ... shy to her really means ... Shout: Hey You! <lol>

- T

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 10:03:20 am »
Pretty Girl ;)

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 05:37:04 pm »

Nicole