Author Topic: Oral Papilloma Virus?!?!  (Read 2347 times)

List

Oral Papilloma Virus?!?!
« on: November 08, 2007, 10:30:50 pm »
So Boston is now just over five months and doing really well. He's growing like a weed and is already about 55lbs.  But a couple of weeks ago we noticed little warts on his lips and it turns out he has canine oral papilloma virus. The vet said it will go away on its own. But I've heard that giving him supplements to boost his immune system will help. Does anyone have advice? Or have dealt with this before? They're not bothering him, but they are driving me nuts and a couple of them are getting huge  :(

DenverFurKiddos

Re: Oral Papilloma Virus?!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 05:29:05 am »
I can totally relate!  Both Winston and Champ are STILL dealing with their gross little warts!!!  We're going on about  five months now......  So, Winston was the first to show his;  it was on his outter muzzle and grew to be HUGE (See pic below).  We eventually had it taken off because it kept getting ripped open during Champ and Winston's wrestling matches!! Our vet told us that they are less likely to go away on their own when they are on the exterior.  Having said that, most of Champ and Winton's warts on the inside resolved themselves within a couple of weeks.   

I've heard that the supplement Lysine is supposed to help.     
If they're getting big and are ripping open, I suggest having them removed.  The procedure was pretty simple.  Otherwise, I'd give them a bit of time. 

Good luck!