Author Topic: Pry Dwarf (maybe)  (Read 3124 times)

Offline heartofwisdom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Heart at Home Blog
Pry Dwarf (maybe)
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:01:25 am »

I have emailed some photos of my two prys and most think Peppy is a dwarf.

Both are now 6 weeks old. Precious is over 13 lbs and Peppy is 4 lbs. They are so cute its hard to get anything done. All I want to do is watch them play.

I do worry a bit becasue Precious is so much bigger and tackles Peppy a lot. I end up holding Peppy when Precious is too playful.  When they are outside I'll hear Peppy yelp and look out to see Precious almost smother him. I feel I need to keep a close eye on them.

Sometimes Precious grabs his tail and pulls the tinly thing backward across our wood floors. It is soooo funny.

What a joy they both are. We prayed before getting these pups and I think they are a perfect fit for our family.

More photos http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/farm-life/pyrenees-puppies-meet-the-miniature-horses/

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 04:06:58 am by heartofwisdom »
Robin

Offline redbean

• Gnawer
  • The Baby Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Pry Dwarf (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 05:49:24 am »
They are gorgeous!!! Bless there cotton socks... there ao cute at that age!! your as lucky to have them both!! hope ya all da best wif em ;D
Bear - 6mths, Pyrenean Mountain Dog
Zuez - 8mths, Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Bruizer - 11mths, English Bull Terrier

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:53:16 am »
They are both cute as can be.
 I do know that a liver shunt can make a puppy be way smaller then its litter mates, but if the vet said all is well I doubt that is it. Maybe he will catch up in time.

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 10:11:07 am »
Your Babes are adorable!  :-* :-* :-* I wouldn't be able to get anything done either. Except watch, play with, and totally enjoy those little fur balls.

You may have already checked this out. But if not - it's a wonderful site on the subject of Dwarfism in Pyrs. Peggy Watson is fantastic and really knows her stuff.

http://www.sonic.net/~cdlcruz/dwarfs/index.html

I sure hope you're carrying your camera around with you 24/7. They're total Sweetness! :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 11:54:19 am »
If anyone can sort out wether Peppy is a dwarf it is Peggy Watson..I know her and have met Willow he is a real trip and a wonderful wonderful dog..

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline heartofwisdom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Heart at Home Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 12:24:43 pm »
I did contact Peggy. She thinks Peppy is a dwarf and asks me to sumbit samples for  DNA. This will be interesting.

I am taking a ton of photos--they are sooooo cute.

My dad wants me to submit a video of Precious pulling Peppy by the tail to funniest videos :)
Robin