Author Topic: NDR - where i've been  (Read 2415 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
NDR - where i've been
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:56:44 am »
ok, so everyone knows i'm in the process of moving, and am staying in ms for a bit until we go to texas.  navarre is being great and watching axle for me, and my mom has peanut.  well, my luck has proven true and rotten to say the least.  i think i mentioned stomach pain all the time (at least to mama2many i think maybe to everyone) and problems getting sick, etc.  well, i got super sick the week before i left GA, and again the night before we went to MS.  then, i kept getting sick over and over every time i ate.  well, long story short when i was in the hospital the week before we left GA they thought i had galstones, but couldn't do surgery b/c i also had pancreatitus.  when i got to ms, it got worst and worst, and i went back into the hosp this past tuesday, and had surgery yesterday, and just got out of the hospital.  i was so lucky (for once) because my gallbladder was about twice it's normal size and they had to chop it up to get it out laproscoptical ly, and almost had to do the big ole gash *wipes forehead being thankful that didn't happen*.  instead, they had to put extra holes in me, so i now have 4 big holes (big enough to stick my pinky finger in) and 5 small holes (about two ink pen tips big) in my tummy.  anywho, that's what's going on here, just though i'd give an update.  elsewise everyone is great :)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - where i've been
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:24:09 am »
Oh wow, AGH!  Steff you sure have a great attitude about all of this, I have to hand it to you.  Between all of the moves and all, I think that I'd be going semi-postal by now.  ;)  I'm glad that you don't have to worry about Peanut & Axle, that's wonderful.  Still, I know that you have your hands so full with 3 little ones, moving, surgery, etc.  Take care of yourself, too!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 03:37:30 pm »
i can't help but laugh about it.  i ended up having a reaction to the steri strips (the tape they put over my "holes" post surgery) and now have huge blisters on my belly everywhere it touches me.  they hurt like h*ll-o, and look horrendous, but it so figures.  anywho, hubby has the boys so i just have to handle maya (who can be a hand full herself with her being so crabby lately).  that makes life so much easier!  i'll stay with mom until next week, to give me time to heal up and rest some, before going to battle with the boys and hubby's family again.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 04:10:25 pm »
I was wondering if you had it done!!!  Well, hopefully you'll start to feel better and will be able to keep some food down!  Thank goodness they only had to do a laproscopy on you, granted with a few extra holes but that is sooo much better than the other option!!  Axle says hello, and he misses his mommy!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 03:02:22 am »
sorry i haven't called!  i asked hubby to when i went in but he forgot.  i have a follow up thos week or monday so i'll be able to tell you when i can drive over again after that.  give axle a hug!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)