Author Topic: The Pyr puppies pics at 5 days old  (Read 6062 times)

bigdogs@5501

The Pyr puppies pics at 5 days old
« on: November 14, 2007, 01:06:33 pm »
Here they are - no I can not tell you which ones are boys and which ones are girls- in fact we are not sure which puppy we missed when we were taking the pics- We have got to find a way to mark the babies... suggestions on that subject are appreciated. We really dont want to put a ribbon or anything on them at this age.

bigdogs@5501

Re: The Pyr puppies pics at 5 days old
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:16:15 pm »
ok just remembered- if it is a girl it is on the pink blankie, boys are on the yellow blankie- Gosh I so have to get this mom thing worked out.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 03:29:38 pm »
Wash out hair dye?

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:53:16 pm »
They are just precious, Paige.  :-*  :-*  :-*  It must do your heart good to see that they are so healthy & happy and know that they wouldn't be if it weren't for you, Jane, and your neighbor.  You've all done such a wonderful thing!  I love the babies and the pics of the parents, too.  Mom looked so sweet snuggled up with her babies and Dad looked like a big, sweet teddy bear.  Please give them all snuggles for me.  ;D

Oh & I'd be afraid to use most dyes or markers for fear that it wouldn't be good for their mom if she licked it off of them.  So I don't know what to suggest.  :-\  I wonder what breeders use? 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 10:55:39 pm »
Yea anything that I put on them I have to remember that moms instinct will be to take it off. I have someones number that I will be calling today - she is really savvy with babies.
Dad has demonstrated that he has no problem eliminating ducks- he got one yesterday- we are thinking that it is possible that they had been fending for themselves and to him that was to be his next meal. So he seems to be good with live stock but not birds. Mom eyes the birds but she hasnt made an attempt to go after one yet.
He is getting fed on a regular basis and gets dog cookies, but instinctively, if he ever had to fend for himself, then it is ingrained in him that he will never know when the next meal is going to be given to him so he will always have that prey drive because it is survival. He is in an area right now that he can not get access to the birds and here at my house I dont have any birds. So its all a trial by error adventure.

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:55:08 pm »
I am not 100 % sure, but just example from my life. When we had litter at home, our male dog was carrying different things to provide food for nursing mom - from sugarpot on the dining room table to the milking machine from neighbour's barn - all to the nursing bitch. He had not done it before and had not done it after. I presume that it is just instincts telling them to help the nursing bitch. So it really does not mean that he will repeat duck hunting at his new home when separated from litter completely.
Really - now not only sugar pot is left on table, also chocolate is scattered around the house, and no dogs even sniff it, but when the bitch was nursing babies, he was hunting all the time to keep family happy.
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 02:01:36 am »
OMG, I've missed out on a lot.  Those pups are too sweet!  I love the badger markings.  How about using quick drying nail polish on their toes.  That way it doesn't get licked off and it's non-toxic. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 02:08:04 am »
Oooooo. They are SOOOOO cute! I want one! (or five!) :-* :-* :-*

And that third one...the all white girl...she is absolutely precious. I can already tell she's going to be a ham :-* :-*
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 04:23:22 am »
Hey Momma Paige! I smell puppy breath and hear their sweet little sounds.  :-* :-* Just think. Another couple of weeks and you might be able to get some sleep. :D

Give them all a kiss from Auntie Jane.  :-* :-* :-* (& from Rain & Whisper too.)

You're The Best Paige!

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 04:47:23 am »
Awwww they're so adorable!  It seems I've missed out on tons o'things being gone from BPO!!!  :o

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 04:49:35 am »
Lily's breeder used food coloring as well...Lily was yellow  ;D
The girl on the 4th picture is my favorite!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:54:47 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 02:32:47 pm »
They are a lot of work and I am not the mom. WOW, but they are just precious. I hadnt thought about that with dad. Will have to watch him after the pups are gone and see if he is still the duck hunter he was the other day.

I will be taking more pics tomorrow- but they still look the same- There is one little white female and she is just a little Ms.Piglet. She is huge - she is going to take after her dad. And of course we have the little badger boy runt and the littlest white girl who looks like a little lamb.

I am thinking that the eyes will start opening around Thanksgiving Day. And ohhh the fun will begin shortly thereafter. Pop dog sure does love rolling around in the sheep fleece.

Offline Woof98

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 04:08:28 am »

:)Paige, they are adorable. We will email you at home as well to share our thoughts further but we wanted to tell you that the girls are already in love. You and Jane are both Godsends! We love you.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:16:37 am by Woof98 »