Author Topic: Thinking about relocating.  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Thinking about relocating.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 07:26:24 pm »
I'd say go somewhere where there is a lot of single guys and dog friendly parks.

I second that!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 11:46:08 pm »
I vote Colorado!!!!  I'm soooo sad that I moved away from Denver.  Ok, so here's the low down....There's virtually no humidity, more days of sun than CA, it's SO much warmer than the midwest (it snows, but the snow disappears within a day, with the exception of the yearly blizzard...but those can be fun too!!), it's totally dog HEAVEN with the dog parks, mountains, etc.  The best for last....not that I noticed or anything, being a happily married woman (ahh hemmm!), but men totally out number the women in Denver.  The men are like HUNGRY WOLVES out there!!!!!  :)  Just my thoughts!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 07:05:51 am »
I would vote for Texas but you don't like humidity.  That totally leaves out my home state.  But as long as you weren't in the panhandle then snow is to a minimum. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 11:42:27 pm »
I love moving, I just hate packing and unpacking.
Hmmmmm........ minimal snow, low heat and humidity.  Not sure you can find a state that has both.......lol .

I second the vote for North Carolina.  Beautiful area, economy is pretty good too.  I never lived there, but have driven thru it.  Hubby was stationed there for a few years and he loved it there.

I also love Kentucky, horse country.  Although from what I've heard the economy there sucks right now.

There was a poll recently on the "happiest states in the US"  Guess who was #1?  South Dakota!  Actually most of the midwest states made the top 10.  MN was 5, IA 3, TX and NE made the top 10 as well.  Of course they all get snow and can be quite humid, but at least you'd be surrounded by happy people!  ;D  Personally I love MN. It may snow here and be cold, but its not usually too windy so you don't feel it as much.  Economy is great, too.  Lots of stuff for the doggies as well.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 12:13:24 am »
i'm starting to think i'd like the humidity over the snow any day.  but the south is really where my heart is.  i have a few months to plan this and find a job to go to and check out that cities i find.  but time is one my side with this one.  i want to be somewhere else within the year.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 01:52:51 am »
I lived in Tennessee for 7 years, Clarksville (only about 45 min. N of nashville) it is on the KY TN border. The good thing is Ft. Campbell Army base is there, LOTS of hunky singles. :) and the comute to Nashville isn't bad if you got a job there. The winters are very mild (I remember going to the zoo in Jan and it was 60 degrees) The summer is humid, I can't stand humid, but not as bad as Florida or further south.
Or...you could always move to central Ohio...we could do crafts together...I want to learn to quilt. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 01:55:21 am »
Oh and in Clarksville they have a fabulous Humane society (I am still friends with the VP, and there is a great riverside park that just added a dog park area to it.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.