Author Topic: NDR-having your tonsils removed  (Read 1803 times)

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
NDR-having your tonsils removed
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:11:08 pm »
Hi everyone,
I was just curious if any of you have advice for having your tonsils removed. My 2 yr old daughter Makaylee is having hers removed tomorrow morning and I am VERY nervous about it. Everything I have been told is that its a really painful surgery. I know that it will help her in the long run because of her asthma and HUGE tonsils, but does anyone have advice as to how I can help her with the pain and be comfortable during the recovery?
She is having surgery first thing in the morning and will be staying over night in the hospital. Please any advice is appreciated. Also keep her in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Thanks
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: NDR-having your tonsils removed
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:32:51 pm »
Thanks guys. I know she'll be fine I'm just a worry wart. She has had so many problems with asthma, sleep apnea, and losing weight that I will be glad for her to get them out. She doesn't eat much now because of her having a hard time swallowing. She had her adnoids out in September and did great but i've heard the tonsils are much worse than the adnoids. Jenn I know what Brandon is going through. I have sleep apnea as well and the slightest cold swells my throat up. I go in every couple months because I will wake up with my throat swollen shut and they just give me steroids and send me home. Its frustrating. I'll let you guys know how she does when I get home sometime thursday.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Lyn

Re: NDR-having your tonsils removed
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:21:16 pm »
I had my tonsils removed when I was 10. I loved the popsicles and ice cream part.. but the nurse made me drink pop and apple and orange juice. Mind you it was just a small glass at a time.. but it burned like h*ll. I soooo hated that nurse. LOL