Author Topic: Having a hard time figuring things out, but heres my intro for now lol  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Wimble

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Names Wimble ( not really but thats my alias anyways lol) I live in Northern Ontario and have 2 "big paws" and 1 Little paws dogs.
My "big paws" are a Rottie/boxer (she's my pampered princess) mix and a border collie ( his paws arent all that big though come to think of it, but he's still the "big guy" here)
My little paw guy is an Am.Cocker (an old fella that came here as a foster but... tee hee)
I recently lost one rescue that lived with us 2 brief yet wonderful years, he was a Rottie/Shepherd mix and was most definately the biggest paws we ever had.

I was sent this link by someone as I am fishing for info on what most possibly may be my next "big paw" (Tibetan Mastiff) I stumbled across the breed quite accidentaly I must admit, and I fell in love.
My man and I are planning a trip to a breeders to look at some of them and spend some time with a few to see for sure...

Well, thats all for my intro, Im off to figure out this forum which I also must admit is unlike any other I have seen...
Hope to talk with many of you in the future.
Wimble.

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Having a hard time figuring things out, but heres my intro for now lol
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 11:17:45 pm »
Hey there Wimble,
Welcome to BPO.  You will love this group of people.  They are great, friendly and very willing to help with advice, opinions and sometimes just knowing they are there and they really care helps.  Sounds like you already have some wonderful "Paws" in your life.  We really need pics, you know.  So, you want a Tibetan Mastiff.  I have one we got through American Tibetan Mastiff rescue.  He is my dream dog.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Wolfhound and my Pyr, but Cody is the dog of my heart.  He is not a social dog, not friendly with strangers, will not take treats or biscuits from anyone other than family, etc.  He guards my house and me and is my "saint" of a dog. Which breeders are you looking at?  Who have you talked to?  Welcome to the group, you will love it here.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:39:57 pm »
hi there. and welcome!!!!
I too am from Northern Ontario! How are you loving our snow?!?!!?
Im Jodi, mom to Zero & Jigsaw, bull terriers, Memphis, a great dane and, our honorary big paw, Reba, the chinese crested.
there is a tibetan mastiff breeder not far from me. I dont know if she still breeds though. shes maybe 1 hour away... thats the only one in Ontario i know of, but then again, im not really looking! LOL
your babies sound wonderful. I can't wait to see photos.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 12:24:09 am »
Welcome Wimble and family!  Nice to meet you!

My name is Chris and my crew is in my siggie below.  Have to say I love the tibetan mastiff and the breed has now been added to my "list".

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:35:13 am »
 :)Welcome to BPO :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:49:21 am »
Hi there.  Welcome to BPO!   ;D

My name is Alex, and I've got one little and one Big Paw, both of which are in my signature.   :D  I'll have to agree with everyone else here by saying that yes, this is a great place to come to with questions, gripes, groans, brags or whatever.  ;)  Also we need pictures, we all fuel each others addictons to cute!  So...Please.  ;D
BTW I LOVE Tibetin Mastiffs they are absolutely beautiful dogs and are on the top of my list for next puppy to get.  Can't wait to hear more about your pups.  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:31:03 am »
You made it! Welcome! :) You'll get used to the board layout. It was a little confusing for me at first too, but now I spend most of my time here. :D

There is 2 TM breeders for Ontario listed on 'Dogs in Canada'. http://www.dogsincanada.com/Default.aspx?tabid=66&type=&breed=Tibetan%20Mastiff&ad=EukanubaGeneral

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:41:07 am »
Welcome Wimble!!! I hope you enjoy it here  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 09:50:10 pm »
Welcome to BPO,I can't wait to see pics of your family.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie