Author Topic: Anyone have a TempurPedic mattress?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Anyone have a TempurPedic mattress?
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:02 pm »
I had a petsitting job with overnight visits during Thanksgiving week, and got to sleep on a TempurPedic mattress.  I am now obsessed, lol.  I have major back problems (3 herniated discs and stenosis/narrowing of my spinal column)...and the two mornings I woke up in that bed are the only pain-free mornings I have had in a long time. 

I immediately got online to learn more about them and possibly purchase one....and found out that they are prohibitively expensive.  About $3,000 for a King size mattress and foundation!  I've been looking into cheaper kinds....altho ugh so far most of the info I find says that TempurPedic is worth the extra money.  I thought I'd see if anyone here has one and if they are happy with it!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a TempurPedic mattress?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:46:24 pm »
We have one and I can not sleep on anything else!!!

I was in a really bad car accident and have some back and neck issues. After buying the mattress I CAN sleep and keep the pain under control. I love it, love it, love it!!!

We have one problem though...Lily loves to sleep on it as well  ::) We didn't think of that when we bought a queen size. Now it's kind of tight  ;D 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:57:54 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:50:01 pm »
I hope someone responds here because I've been researching them also.  My husband and I both are at an age where a wonderful painfree waking are few and far between.  My son and his wife got the sleep by number one but they live out of state and I've not had a chance to try out theirs, they love it though and say it's helped them enormously.  The way I see things is if you use it everyday and expect it to last years you have to be prepared to shell out the bucks,  but, like you I need to hear others opinions.
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:41 pm »
Also, you don't need a mattress box for it if you have a platform bed, which definitely helps. We bought ours for $2,200 with no interest finance for 2 years. $90 a month not bad for a good night sleep  ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:58:05 pm by People Whisperer »
Mary W. Crane

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 05:30:06 pm »
Also, you don't need a mattress box for it if you have a platform bed, which definitely helps.

So if you have a regular box spring, you can't put a TempurPedic mattress on it?  I read that will void the warranty, but didn't know if it would mess up the mattress. 

My husband and I went to the furniture store the other night so he could try one out.  He just thought it was okay....but for someone with back problems, it is Heaven on Earth!  The salesman had us try out the adjustable model with the massage feature....if I had one of those, I don't think I would ever get out of bed, lol. 
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 05:55:22 pm »
Also, you don't need a mattress box for it if you have a platform bed, which definitely helps.

So if you have a regular box spring, you can't put a TempurPedic mattress on it?  I read that will void the warranty, but didn't know if it would mess up the mattress. 

I don't know about the regular box spring  ??? We were told that we don't need it for a platform bed. And yes, it is hard to get out of bed ::) ::) ::)
Mary W. Crane