Author Topic: Suggestions for Cody?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Cody?
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:30:05 pm »
Hi all. Cody is doing great. Her ears are standing up for now (the vet just untaped them), she's not tearing up anything, she's walking on a leash, she's growing (22 pounds at 11 weeks today), she's got a good personality, BUT I'll take her outside for as long as 30 min and she will come inside and do her pee and poop. She will even do it in her crate. And she is still howling and barking when left in her crate. I bought a wind-up clock today hoping that would help. But the bathroom stuff has me puzzled. She was doing better when I first brought her home than now. I take her out often. I tell her to "do your business" and she sniffs around like she's looking for a place to go but she's just goofing off. What can I do?

Terri
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Cody?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:05:02 pm »
Hi, there! I go crazy praisy when she does it outside. I'm going to start the treat thing, too, though. I've been doing that once we get into the house but I think I'll add it outside, too. The crate has a movable wall in it so I've got as small as possible without cramping her too much.

Thanks for the reply.

Here are a couple of more pics ...

Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody